Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas
also found this
not sure if it helps
the wrangler diesel window sticker shows w210 axles
and the order sheet for a max tow package also reflects a w210 axle

if you look at other non diesel they list the axles as heavy duty dana 44
The reason it list M210 front axle is the weight and torque output of the diesel requires a Dana 44 front axle. Only the JL Rubicon was equipped with a Dana 44 in the front until the diesel came along.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
It looks like there is longer an option for the 7” radio for the Sport S models. Also, on the Jeep Build website the options are either 5” or 8.4”. I am hypothesizing that Chrysler is completing phasing out the 5” screens and the new base screen will be the 7”.
The 7" Radio is in the Technology Group (AAN):

AAN TECHNOLOGY GROUP E • 1-YR. SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)
• 7.0" TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY (RFJ)
• AIR CONDITIONING W/AUTO TEMP CONTROL (HAB)

• APPLE CARPLAY (RFP)
• CLUSTER 7.0" TFT COLOR DISPLAY (JAL)
• FOR MORE INFO, CALL 800-643-2112 (X9H)
• GOOGLE ANDROID AUTO (RF5)
• GPS ANTENNA INPUT (JLP)
• INTEGRATED CENTER STACK RADIO (RTF)
• NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8E9 • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8F1 • SELECTABLE TIRE FILL ALERT (LA5)
• SIRIUSXM SATELLITE RADIO (RSD)

• 1-YR. SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)
• NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8CU • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8E9 • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8F1

• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UAG) - W/O 2TQ • UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8AT
• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8B1
• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8CU

• USB HOST FLIP (RF7)

Ian8

The 7" Radio is in the Technology Group (AAN):

AAN TECHNOLOGY GROUP E • 1-YR. SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)
• 7.0" TOUCH SCREEN DISPLAY (RFJ)
• AIR CONDITIONING W/AUTO TEMP CONTROL (HAB)

• APPLE CARPLAY (RFP)
• CLUSTER 7.0" TFT COLOR DISPLAY (JAL)
• GOOGLE ANDROID AUTO (RF5)
• INTEGRATED CENTER STACK RADIO (RTF)
• NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8E9 • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8F1 • SELECTABLE TIRE FILL ALERT (LA5)
• SIRIUSXM SATELLITE RADIO (RSD)

• 1-YR. SIRIUSXM RADIO SERVICE (X9B)
• NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8CU • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8E9 • NO SATELLITE COVERAGE HI/AK/PR/VI/GU (RT7) - W/8F1

• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UAG) - W/O 2TQ • UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8AT
• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8B1
• UCONNECT 4 WITH 7" DISPLAY (UJG) - W/8CU

• USB HOST FLIP (RF7)
I don’t see the technology group being offered as an option on the July order guide

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I don’t see the technology group being offered as an option on the July order guide
Hehe, I literally copied that chunk out of the PDF on page 1 of this thread. I only know it's there because I'm plugging it into my pricing spreadsheet. Just open the PDF and do a search for AAN, cycle through it. Or go to page 3 (technically the 4th page) and look at the 4th item from the bottom.

TECHNOLOGY GROUP 626 695 AAN M/HADC W/AEH N/C N/C AAN Required on Sport S.

So, the 5" is ONLY available on the Sport now, the S requires the Technology Group which has the 7". Also the Technology Group is required before you can get the 8.4" Radio. Someone mentions that the base price of the Sport S went up (I think) and this is likely part of that increase.

Sponsored

bkmarks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 JK Sport
Build Thread
Link
This build sheet looks like it allows for Sport S with max tow on a manual, unlike the website, but you cannot get the 8.4 touchscreen or the led light package. Tell me I am reading this incorrectly.

yes, I basically want a Rubi without the lockers, Rubi suspension, and all the Red accents. Even if I got a Rubi I plan to add air lockers, bigger lift and tires.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
This build sheet looks like it allows for Sport S with max tow on a manual, unlike the website, but you cannot get the 8.4 touchscreen or the led light package. Tell me I am reading this incorrectly.

yes, I basically want a Rubi without the lockers, Rubi suspension, and all the Red accents. Even if I got a Rubi I plan to add air lockers, bigger lift and tires.
Reading the sheet, it only says "Not Available with 8HP75 Transmission (Diesel)" and "Not Available with Granite Wheels" so yah, looks like you can finally get that axle, them brakes with a stick. I also believe they screw up this sheet sometimes and it might be wrong.

It's confusing that you can't get the 8.4" screen with stick though.

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gobi gas, 2022 JT Willys Gobi gas

Foot notes indicate 8.4" not available with manual transmission (Sport & Sport S).
LED light package is not available for Sport or Sport S.
(FCA offered LED headlights & fog lights only for the JL Sport S in 2020 & 2021 but haven't offered it for the JT Sport S yet.)

I'd recommend the Mojave edition, but it has orange accents.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Foot notes indicate 8.4" not available with manual transmission (Sport & Sport S).
(FCA offered LED headlights & fog lights only for the JL Sport S in 2020 & 2021 but haven't offered it for the JT Sport S yet.)

I personally LOVE the orange accents.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I personally LOVE the orange accents.
+1 On the Orange.

In fact, the Mojave really checks all of the boxes of thing's I'd upgrade. I don't need a crawler, I won't crawl ever... so I don't want the Rubi transfer case. I don't need to be able to jump my truck, but I like the sportier suspension.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

As I'm working on the 2021 pricing spreadsheet, the 8.4 is not available with a manual on the Overland, or Rubicon either. (No apparent restriction on the Mojave though.)

BTW it looks like the trail camera is available for the Overland now though.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
+1 On the Orange.

In fact, the Mojave really checks all of the boxes of thing's I'd upgrade. I don't need a crawler, I won't crawl ever... so I don't want the Rubi transfer case. I don't need to be able to jump my truck, but I like the sportier suspension.
Ed Zachary. My dream truck is a Mojave diesel. I’d probably do an AEV spacer lift is all, so I could add 35s/37s while keeping the stock desert rated suspension. The other mods I’ll do are not model specific. Overland stuff like a custom bed rack for gear inside and a RTT, AEV front bumper & winch, some bedwall mounted recovery gear, and some skids.

bkmarks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 JK Sport
Build Thread
Link
As I'm working on the 2021 pricing spreadsheet, the 8.4 is not available with a manual on the Overland, or Rubicon either. (No apparent restriction on the Mojave though.)

BTW it looks like the trail camera is available for the Overland now though.
AEK is an option for the Rubi and I don’t see a restriction for the manual. I need to look at the differences between the Rubi and Mojave

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
AEK is an option for the Rubi and I don’t see a restriction for the manual. I need to look at the differences between the Rubi and Mojave
Oh, yah, thanks for that... I must have been staring at another line. Ok... so Sport, S, Overland and High Altitude can't have a stick w/ 8.4. Man, that's just odd.

For differences between Rubi & Mojave;
  • suspension,
  • reinforced frame,
  • hood,
  • transfer case,
  • front locker,
  • swaybar disconnect
  • "high speed" rear locker
  • orange accents
  • "stronger wheels" or something like that... they made it sound fancy in the original press release

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, yah, thanks for that... I must have been staring at another line. Ok... so Sport, S, Overland and High Altitude can't have a stick w/ 8.4. Man, that's just odd.

For differences between Rubi & Mojave;
  • suspension,
  • reinforced frame,
  • hood,
  • transfer case,
  • front locker,
  • swaybar disconnect
  • "high speed" rear locker
  • orange accents
  • "stronger wheels" or something like that... they made it sound fancy in the original press release
Don’t recall reading stronger wheels, but they have more outboard off set to gain clearance for the big Fox shocks on the Mojave.
Sponsored