Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I just wanna know how anyone would be out of warranty on a 1 year old truck.
2020 Gladiator model year is actually an extended one with retail deliveries starting in April 2019. That is 19 months ago and with a 3/36K bumper to bumper this would fall within. Not out of the realm of possibility that quite a few Gladiators are rolling past at least the 36K mark in miles now.

Unless this TSB actually becomes a recall, a few people are going to be in that bubble of out of warranty and paying out of pocket for it.
Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
Major modification to the truck, AKA long arm suspension or something like that. Secondary: some JT's are possible past factory warranty for mileage, I'm likely to go over mileage before the years.
After market modifications do NOT void warranty. It's against federal law.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
That is true. But if they can show your modification caused the failure, they can deny warranty coverage for the repair cost.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
FTC does not enforce it on the individual level. One has to sue on their own dime in Federal Civil Court to enforce the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You can argue with a dealership about that. A dealership might agree to do some warranty work on a vehicle but if you have changed that particular part of the vehicle not likely... AKA you install a turbo then blow the engine or for that matter a transmission, transfer case or axles. Good luck with that. I've seen MFG warranty that only cover vehicles registered in the "Snow belt" for replacement of brake rotors due to rusting out, my MJ was under that one but after I changed my vehicle registration from IL. to GA. I was no longer covered by it. If you think that a set of rotors that cost maybe $40 wouldn't be covered due to being stationed outside of his home location. What do you think their going to say about using parts that MFG had no control or engineering of. Now a separate components/ system is a different story.

I'm not saying it won't happen but better chance of a battle with service department. A old saying "Honey catches more flys than salt" how you act with service department can make a big difference.
I'm not trying to start a pissing contest just being realistic.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I just wanna know how anyone would be out of warranty on a 1 year old truck.
I'm at 28,200 on mine...took delivery the last week of August, 2019 but I did buy the extended warranty. My steering parts are on order from the dealership for the TSB and there is a some conjecture that this may become a recall.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Where are you hearing this information?
Just here in the forums...I have a manual transmission and there was almost no chatter or complaints about the transmission, but they issued a recall...there are TONS of steering complaints and a TSB that very few people on here have been told they don't qualify. I would think steering issues are definitely potential safety of life concerns and would justify a recall but I have no inside knowledge. I am not an industry professional nor do I know anybody that is connected to FCA. I think there will be a recall the minute someone is in an accident due to "steering issues"

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Does anyone know when in the production cycle the 2020's got the new gearbox???

Sponsored

Corlor89

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Finance
Yes correct

- Benny
For those that are out of warranty or rather do the work yourself we have created a kit which includes the 2021 Steel steering gear here https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/jtsteeringkit.html

The original TSB is attached which provides a bit more insight of the repair.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
I just bought a 2020 Gladiator on 10/10/2020 Sport with a Altitude package. Would my local dealer put this Steel steering gear upgrade on under the warranty?

OP
OP
AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
I just bought a 2020 Gladiator on 10/10/2020 Sport with a Altitude package. Would my local dealer put this Steel steering gear upgrade on under the warranty?
Hi Corey,
The bulletin applies to 2020's so if you are having an issue and it is deemed that the gear is the cause then yes they should replace it under warranty granted you have no suspension/steering modifications.

-Benny

FISHS

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Wait... you have these in stock for sale but the dealership is telling me a 6 month back order to get mine replaced under TSB?
Sponsored