2022 Rubicon - Pricing in March of 2023

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
Hi All - curious to hear some opinions on pricing for a 2022 Rubicon at this point.

MSRP is $65,750, and current web pricing is at $60,168 (- $5582 off which is made up of $2500 Bonus Cash (22CNA) & $3082 discount).

I should also add that the odometer shows ~ 480 miles in the pictures online.

I like the jeep - it has all the options I would want but also a few I wouldn't order (if ordering) which makes it fairly expensive. Unfortunately, it's about an hour drive from my house so I haven't gone to look at it in person yet. I have tried to see if they would come down on pricing via email before making the drive, and after a few emails over last few days, today they have asked what OTD price would get me to buy. They have not offered any further prices via email than what is shown on the web and haven't answered my question about additional fees so basically very little information. I also asked about the relatively high miles and was told that they got it from a dealer in a neighboring state. I am not clear how to tell from the window sticker when the jeep was built.

In the email today, they seemed like they were interested in moving it but it's really been unclear how much they are willing to go down on the price.

How much off of MSRP would you expect to get in this situation?
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™d ask for $1,000 below MSRP and settle on anything close OTD. That would get you close to what an ordered truck would have cost you with waiting on it.

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
If you are really interested a face to face would get you the best deal. I realize it is an hour away but still think I would go see it.

OP
OP

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
Iā€™d ask for $1,000 below MSRP and settle on anything close OTD. That would get you close to what an ordered truck would have cost you with waiting on it.
What do you mean $1000 below MSRP?

OP
OP

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
If you are really interested a face to face would get you the best deal. I realize it is an hour away but still think I would go see it.
Completely agree that I would be taken more seriously in person, but I wanted to get a sense about pricing before I make the trip. I am not really clear either on fair market price at the moment. I missed out on a used 2022 Mohave with only ~ 8K miles and they were only asking $49K at a GMC dealer last week. That Mohave was equipped very similarly to this Rubicon which basically means a $10-15K hit in depreciation which is maybe what I need to plan for if I buy new (not that I'm planning to sell within the year but that's a still steep drop).

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
What do you mean $1000 below MSRP?
MSRP is $65,750 right? Iā€™d aim for a grand total of $64,750 with taxes and fees included, you driving home.

Where I live taxes and fees would account for about 10% of the purchase price, if you can get a 10% discount off MSRP you end up paying a little less than MSRP all in, I consider that a good deal usually.

OP
OP

Chris27519

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas, WanttobeaJeep
@ Jefe1018 - thanks for the clarification. Makes sense to me now. State tax on vehicles is only 3% so might not be quite as high as where you are.

Barnabyā€™sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Ask them for a quote that reflects the out the door (OTD)/total price.

Donā€™t even bother messing with a dealer if they donā€™t have an ā€œinternet salesā€ department. The dealer I bought from was a two hour drive and catered to online and over the phone coordination for people in my area (Iā€™ve seen lots of their plate surrounds on vehicles around town).

I asked several dealers to provide an OTD quote. The one that was willing to provide a reasonable OTD quote (basically right at MSRP for ā€œall inā€) on an in-stock unit that I was interested in got a visit from a customer with a check in hand.

Things have likely changedā€¦pricing wiseā€¦since I bought my JTR last spring. I.e. I literally couldnā€™t find a low mileage JTR for less than what I paid for my new one.

As for the pricing differential for youā€¦if you can swing itā€¦put a few bucks down and pay extra each month. I started doing that right off the bat with the thought process that: 1. If I end up really liking itā€¦Iā€™ll pay it off early, or 2. If I end up hating it, I should be able to get out of it without taking a bath at the 12 month mark.

That and pricing is highly depending upon location. It may benefit you to ask your question in the regional forum.

Luis guido

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator rubicon
The whole point are the 480 miles, meaning Demo truck.
at that point the best move is drive the hour and start giving them a very low offer , they will say No, but they will not let you go.
then the bargain start !!!!!
the rule is Dealer cannot let you go, if you are serious about buying a Demo, even more if it is 2022.
down here at DC area, models 2023 already have $3k below and 2022 up to $10k below

RobG

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3 JT Altitude C8 Z06-ordered
Occupation
Financial
Rather than asking others what they think itā€™s worth, you should be asking yourself what youā€™re willing to pay for it.
If I were in your shoes Iā€™d spec out a 2023 in the magic configuration and shop it around. There seem to be several dealers around the country that forum members rave about who sell for x% under invoice on orders.
If you canā€™t make a deal on your ideal 23 that fits your budget then look at leftover 22ā€™s that are close to what you want. Last yearā€™s models will definitely be more competitively priced than a 23 but you might have to settle for more or less equipment than what youā€™d order. There are still plenty of new 22ā€™s out there. If the 480 miler is ā€œclose enoughā€, as someone else said make a lowball offer and see where the negotiations go.

Sponsored

Outside Reality Check

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Toyota 4Runner LTD
Occupation
Surgical Technologist
Vehicle Showcase
I would go check it in person even though it's an hour away. Have a firm "walk away number", but ask for your dream number, and DON'T ever drive the truck. Not until you settle on the numbers. Then drive it to make sure it's not trashed. If they can't get to your number just leave, which they won't let you do. Remember they sell cars, they don't give them away so if your number is reasonable they'll do it. MSRP $65750, ask for invoice price $52750, walk at $56751 (example). If you have outside financing even better. They'll know you are a serious buyer, and you can negotiate a better rate if you choose their lender. They make money on that too.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
When the price matches what you can buy a new one for, then I think twice. Not to necessarily back away from a demo but it warrants a long test drive (maybe overnight if they allow) and a very close inspection on a hoist.

If it looks like a winner, your purchase price (not OTD) should not exceed 57-58K.

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Probably not a demo with 480 miles. OP says it came from another dealer so probably miles from the dealer transfer. They donā€™t ship them. Driver brings one and drives other back. Iā€™ve bought a few vehicles this way.

Warranty and everything starts from your mileage at purchase so no worries there. Most drivers Iā€™ve seen/worked with are retired older guys and gals so they are not ragging them out.

find what you want and pay what youā€™re comfortable with. Someone will always have found a better deal or whatever elsewhere.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
Hey Chris & guys - first post here, but been lurking for a few weeks now. I just bought a "closeout" 2022 Rubicon and the online price was $$49k - 11k below sticker. There were some "gotcha's" though. Most notably, you had to finance through one of their finance companies even if you pay it off in 4 months. Keep your eyes open. I'd expect even more of a discount from a $65k vehicle like the one you are looking at. There was not a huge inventory, but definitely a few to pick from. BTW, also - mine had less than 80 miles on it. Good luck. It will be worth it. We're loving this one!!!

shpion1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
so I've been looking for a "22 leftover Rubi" for over a month... reached out to about 5 dealers on Jeeps I was serious about buying and bought one in Knoxville yesterday. while it's ok to deal via email, etc, in person will get results. What works for me (I do this on most cars I purchase), is have cash or financing prearranged. Go and talk to the floor manager thats there when you're shopping. skip the salespeople, but one will be assigned to do the paperwork. Ask him if they'll work on price.. some told me MSRP only, others only deal 1 or 2 k. In my successful case, 2022 Rubi, Green, with most options I wanted other than cold weather group. MSPR 58.8k. I offered 52K cash Out the door, keeping in mind in TN, taxes (no trade in) ended up being 4.1k. i don't care what fees they add etc, I care about OTD what I'm paying total. they came down a bit ... and I walked away. then texted him a higher offer, he came down more and then when he wouldn't come down further, that was his floor. Ended up paying OTD $56601.62. I priced similar 23 and MSRP was $60.9, so almost 3k more. so a little more than I wanted to pay, but it is what it is. I'm happy with the deal. cheers and good luck.
Sponsored