2023 Base Sport invoice pricing?

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Hello, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get a base Sport in High Velocity along with other options. I'm trying to educate myself the best as I can. What is the invoice pricing of 2023 Gladiator? Just asking for reference. I have a Tread Lightly membership on the way. I've seen dealers on this site here offer percentage points under invoice. I'm just trying to calculate and do my own numbers before either walking into my local dealer or just working with someone from out of state.

Thanks
Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I tried matching Gupton/Tri City pricing with local CDJRs and it was mostly a waste of time.

Everyone does MSRP + mandatory addons here. Thousands more than Gupton.

Excellent choice on the base Sport. Love mine.

OP
OP

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
I tried matching Gupton/Tri City pricing with local CDJRs and it was mostly a waste of time.

Everyone does MSRP + mandatory addons here. Thousands more than Gupton.

Excellent choice on the base Sport. Love mine.
How much was yours roughly if I may ask? I would like to buy local if I can then again who doesn't? Lol.

I think my local dealers would sell off MSRP and maybe 1% off factory invoice via Tread Lightly. See if I can get somewhat closer to offset shipping from out of state or a road trip back.

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
How much was yours roughly if I may ask? I would like to buy local if I can then again who doesn't? Lol.

I think my local dealers would sell off MSRP and maybe 1% off factory invoice via Tread Lightly. See if I can get somewhat closer to offset shipping from out of state or a road trip back.
Mine was a late 2021 with sold order protection so all these numbers are from July of 2021. Pretty much every option, destination charge and other fees have increased over the last year so YMMV.

With Gupton discount and the Tread Lightly control # I was at $37,094. Doc fee at the time was $499 (I believe it is more now)

Sticker on my JT base Sport was $42,325. Automatic, hard top, tow package, aux switches and spray in bedliner.

None of my local CDJRs would honor Tread Lightly pricing (a few didn't even know what it was).

OP
OP

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Mine was a late 2021 with sold order protection so all these numbers are from July of 2021. Pretty much every option, destination charge and other fees have increased over the last year so YMMV.

With Gupton discount and the Tread Lightly control # I was at $37,094. Doc fee at the time was $499 (I believe it is more now)

Sticker on my JT base Sport was $42,325. Automatic, hard top, tow package, aux switches and spray in bedliner.

None of my local CDJRs would honor Tread Lightly pricing (a few didn't even know what it was).
That level of discount makes it worth the road trip.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Go to the costco website and build your Sport. It gives invoice price.

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon
Just like @Snake Eyes said https://www.costcoauto.com/

I know I know…..”iTS Da deAler wHat mtTers Kno OnE ELsea”. Well Costco was spot on with my 23 rubicon price from Gupton line for line. So its at least a very good gauge.

Last edited:

RMFSJT

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 K1500, 13 Focus ST, 23 JT Rubicon

Gupton is still $499 at least it was on 14 July 22 when I ordered.

Sinner05

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco ‘22 Gladiator
I ordered from gupton and they are phenomena! My glad just arrived there and it’s smooth and easy.

don’t just assume sport is the best choice. Depending on options you choose a different model may give you a better final price. For instance my build was cheaper as an overland than sport. Addionally you get deeper discount from msrp on higher models

OP
OP

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
I ordered from gupton and they are phenomena! My glad just arrived there and it’s smooth and easy.

don’t just assume sport is the best choice. Depending on options you choose a different model may give you a better final price. For instance my build was cheaper as an overland than sport. Addionally you get deeper discount from msrp on higher models
I don't want any other trim level. I don't have any desire for the standard features that the other trims may offer.

Sponsored

kyoung05

First Name
Kyoung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2005 STI, 2020 M340i
I don't want any other trim level. I don't have any desire for the standard features that the other trims may offer.

Here's a build sheet for a High Velocity Yellow base model w/ manual that a dealer provided to me. I added a few options but you can do the math and see what the invoice (FWP) price would be without them.

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Base Sport invoice pricing? 1663189999679

The thing I realized is that the margin on the Sport trim is so low, so the gap between MSRP and FWP is nearly nothing. So, even with dealers offering 5-8% below invoice, the actual savings only amounts to about $3k which isn't all that great.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Hello, I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get a base Sport in High Velocity along with other options. I'm trying to educate myself the best as I can. What is the invoice pricing of 2023 Gladiator? Just asking for reference. I have a Tread Lightly membership on the way. I've seen dealers on this site here offer percentage points under invoice. I'm just trying to calculate and do my own numbers before either walking into my local dealer or just working with someone from out of state.

Thanks
This is a really hard conversation piece you are starting here. trust me I tried doing the same.

There is a huge factor depending on your physical location and how far you are willing to travel for a vehicle. Many folks here have ordered from Grupton in the southeast where their prices were super low comparatively because they concentrate on moving jeeps out the door and don't have a service department to my understanding.

Some key points to consider and learn about:
  • invoice differs between states
  • invoice is not the same as 'cost'
  • markup is not necessarily the same as 'x%' over invoice
  • 'cost' is not actually the true 'cost' that the dealer pays for the vehicle from Jeep
    • there is another term, which is several percent below 'cost' which is what the dealer actually pays - I forget the name of that term
  • not all dealers play the same game

For example, I live in Montana - I paid straight up invoice (with some discounts like vets discount, and a few others that were manufacturer rebates - it was pretty pathetic to be honest). A dealer in Idaho 3 hours away was willing to sell for several percent below what I paid for - but I was not able/willing to buy from them. Another dealer in WallaWalla was full of a bunch of jerks flat out sold for several thousand over invoice and as soon as I started asking about terms like cost and the other term for what 'true' cost is, they got angry yelled at me and hung up. They also said "you should just take what they give you and be happy".

Point is....there is a huge discrepancy and its because different dealers work different ways. On top of that there are "regions" that Jeep breaks up the nation into and they offer different regions different rebates apparently.

I say this because during my buying process I became very upset and felt like I was being taken advantage of. Maybe so, maybe not...but it's hard to compare how my particular area was operating in relation to others - unless I was willing to take a flight and pick up a vehicle a few thousand miles away. So just a heads up.

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
If you don’t mind traveling a bit, go with Gupton. Painless. Straight forward. Great deal. Hell they even comp you a ride from the airport to the dealership (schedule depending). I hope they are around and still doing business when I’m ready to buy my first electric jeep in 10 years.
Sponsored