Sponsored

Sting-Gray Neutral Pres.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport Diesel
True but 20% of USA power is from coal- Is hydro-power clean? well sort of - dams create all type of environmental issues, that's why there are movements to remove them. Solar panels are full of toxic chemicals- that we will have to deal with in 20 years- lithium and cobalt mining is really ruff on the earth, not to mention the labor issues. Nuclear is most likely the best option , but in my town they just shut down one of the oldest nuclear plants in the country- with the new plant turned down by the government ( note: every nuclear plant in the USA is storing all its used uranium rods on site as the government still has not figured out what to do with them)
Lets not forget wind- here on the Jersey shore as they start the off shore wind project- we now have 22 dead beached whales and this weekend has 11 dolphins beach and die- ( guess is related to sonar and under water blasting)
All power has its trade offs- all have environmental issues, its just where you choose to hide the issues. So much has to do with the not in my backyard mentally. Electric cars move the pollution/impact somewhere else.
I am well aware of the ecological issues that can be created by dams, but this game of Whataboutism is always used to undermine new procedures, products, or policies that reduce our impact on the environment by casting doubt on every external factor in the chain while never providing any proof for those statements. The point of such Whataboutism is to disingenuously convince the readers that it’s all equally hopeless and we might as well burn coal in a barrel to make steam-powered pickups like they do in North Korea.

While every single item we consume has some impact (including the coffee you might be sipping while reading this), those impacts can be quantified and compared. Research into lifecycle impacts has clearly shown that EVs have a net environmental benefit over comparable ICEs. Here is a scientific study backing up that statement, there are many more like it.
https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/ac5142

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
I'll buy breakfast for the entire Forum if Jeep shows up with the new twin turbo 6 Hurricane 3.0 in any Wrangler or JT based product! #Not. #TheyWon't.
Probably won't because they want to pimp the 4XE and whatever BEV they're coming out with. Shame though. The Hurricane gets similar MPG to the Pentastar while hauling around an extra ton in Wagoneer form.

I've been schlepping around town past few days in a rental Hemi Charger and I gotta say... that thing is too damned much fun. I use the remote start just so I can hear the exhaust note as I walk up to it. Real shame Jeep never bothered to put a Hemi in the JT.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

Sponsored

pnwcamper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, FJ60, too many motorcycles
Occupation
Sales
WILL JEEP UPPER MANAGEMENT PENCIL PUSHERS GET THERE HEADS OUT OF THEIR ASSES AND PUT A 392 IN THE GLADIATOR BEFORE THE V8 IS GONE FOR GOOD?

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
That bottom pic is just steam from the cooling towers.
Yep. Water turned to steam from cooling off the condensate piping. The cooling towers turn the used steam back into condensate water.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I'll buy breakfast for the entire Forum if Jeep shows up with the new twin turbo 6 Hurricane 3.0 in any Wrangler or JT based product! #Not. #TheyWon't.
I came here to pretty much say this, except for the breakfast bet part - that’s all on you man 😆
Sponsored