Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Check it out:

180315-jeep-02-1.jpg

I see @Billy already made this his Avatar

autoblog said:
Easter is coming up, which is a big deal for both Christians and Jeep fans. The latter of which are excited because the annual Easter Jeep Safari off-road event in Moab is coming, along with Jeep's wild concepts it builds for the event each year. We're getting an sneak peek at two of those Jeeps early, thanks to illustrations the company revealed.

The first of them is very obviously a two-door 2018 Wrangler, but with some small changes, and the inspiration is obvious when spotting the badge on the front fender: "Jeepster." This concept pulls from the old Jeepster Commando from the '60s and '70s, a slightly longer Jeep that was a bit more civilized and had an available hardtop that had a distinct slant at the back. The slanted rear roof is very clear on this Wrangler's hardtop, and it has the contrasting color that its inspiration had, too. This Wrangler Jeepster is more off-road ready, though, with big chunky tires, a full-size spare moved inside, and gas cans mounted to the rear cargo door.

It's more difficult to tell what sets apart the second Jeep Safari concept. It's obviously based on the 2018 Wrangler. The front fenders have been severely cut down and the front bumper removed to make room for what appear to be enormous tires and lots of suspension travel. It also bears a big hood scoop, maybe indicating a more powerful engine underneath. It also has full front doors, but the rear top has either been removed or lowered.

We'll have more details on these and other Jeep Safari concepts in the next couple of weeks around the time of the event. So stay tuned for more wild Jeep news.
Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Can't wait to see what they bring to Moab. (I won't be there, but the innerwebs will provide)

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I really hope we get a pleasant surprise and see a JT at Easter Safari. I'm dying to get information on this thing. I scour the internet for information daily. My wife says I'm torturing myself. Maybe I am but I've been dreaming about this vehicle since before I was dreaming about women.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really hope we get a pleasant surprise and see a JT at Easter Safari. I'm dying to get information on this thing. I scour the internet for information daily. My wife says I'm torturing myself. Maybe I am but I've been dreaming about this vehicle since before I was dreaming about women.
:cwl::cwl::cwl:

laffman

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler, 1990 Jeep YJ Wrangler Laredo, 2010 Jeep JK Wrangler Islander
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited by a moderator:

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
The Sandstorm bed sides if you want to call them that sort of resemble the lines the JT renders have following the swooping lines from the doors back with the extra height over the normal JL tub top. Hood also looks like it has the scoop somewhat resembling what we have seen in the past renders but further back on the hood. Maybe they dropped some subtle hints in there for us to try and pick out like they've done in the past. Either that, or I'm just so desperate for any news I'm making stuff up. I will say though it'll have a small tailgate unless they got creative and widened the opening for the JT. Awesome photos regardless!

OP
OP
Vegas_Sirk

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
So TFL is saying that Jeep called the Sandstorm a "Truck" at EJS:

TFL said:
The Jeep Sandstorm concept is based on a Wrangler platform; however, it has a much longer wheelbase as it is built for a long-travel suspension like the ones used in Baja racing. This is new territory for Jeep as they usually stick to crawling off-roading and leave the high-speed desert running to trucks and buggies. Not any more. They smiled as they spoke of the upgrades, constantly hinting that we will hear more about this rig in the near future.

Could Jeep be a factory sponsor a Baja or Dakar Jeep racing team in the future? Why not?!

More importantly to many of you, the Jeep Sandstorm concept is more of a truck than a Wrangler, at least in terms of wheelbase and look. Even the Jeep guys called it a “truck.” When you drive it, the overall sensation feels a bit truck-like around dirt corners, it needs a little extra space to turn due to that wheelbase.

When you watch this video, you’ll notice that, despite having a beefy HEMI, we took it easy on the Jeep Sandstorm concept. That’s because they asked us to. Honestly, Roman had to physically restrain me off-camera when I began to get freaky with the accelerator.

I’m sure many of you can sympathise.

Enjoy the video!

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I wonder if the rear corners of the Sandstorm are JT bed panel derived...they don't quite look the same as a JL, the lines are a bit harsher.

Sponsored

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
I wonder if the rear corners of the Sandstorm are JT bed panel derived...they don't quite look the same as a JL, the lines are a bit harsher.
I was thinking the same thing. Jeep has been known to sneak future production elements into their concept vehicles so I wouldn't be surprised if some JT elements are hidden in plain sight.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like that they raised the rear flare up on the Sandstorm. It's still not level with the front flares, but at least it's better. The trimmed down flares all around look bada$$ too!
Sponsored