Sponsored

Kilroy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mat tow sport
I think it is one of those 'hidden pictures'. Remember those? Just stare through it and let it blur........

.......I......see........a..........bottle of rum.....
the red logo below it represents the waxed seal.
pirate-ship-pirates-of-the-caribbean.gif

jeepinmike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So who is going to be the first to break the code? I noticed it looks like some pieces overlap the others if you look at the patterns. Been trying to see if that hood matches up to the curvature under the tailgate to complete a QR code. Need some photoshop wizards.

Sponsored

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
Yes. It was our fourth plug-in, and I’m a true Jeep lover, and I was as shocked as you might be. The joke is with its 20+mile pure electric range, short commuters should be the perfect use case buyers. But nope. Short drives are the worst. Our commute with that one would have been around 6-8miles one way daily. Perfect right? Nope. It took most of that for the ICE to warm up the fluids before pure electric became available. The problem is that it won’t become available until engine temperature reaches a point that isn’t achievable at highway speeds for an hour, in the winter. It might work fine in Florida. Great torque, fun to drive, capable solid axle off-road vehicle, but pure electric range, not if it’s a little chilly. I’m not talking sun zero either. It did this at 40+. We sold it back as a used car with approximately 350 miles for a 5k loss.
So I would be in a little different situation cause I have a heated garage… it’s always stays above 60. So mornings I’d be good but have to gas it a little ways home before all electric would kick in. I’d still be ok with that.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
So I would be in a little different situation cause I have a heated garage… it’s always stays above 60. So mornings I’d be good but have to gas it a little ways home before all electric would kick in. I’d still be ok with that.
My recommendation is to tell the potential dealer you’re in after a one week test drive. Even if it’s a dealer demo or something. I’ve never sold a new vehicle before, and hope to never again. We didn’t do this lightly. It just isn’t ready. I’m not saying don’t buy, just be sure. After spending 60k, we were sick of seeing “electric mode unavailable”, on every single drive.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Lived there for 20 years. If you decide to move, sell it before you leave. :) probably works great in 80-90 degree temps.
Ha, not super worried, will just have to get the cold temp front cover for cooler temps. The issue with the 4xe in the wrangler is the lack of grill shutters. It doesn't let the engine get up to temp in really cold weather, so then you hit the fuel/oil refresh mode and it sticks until you reach the higher temps. From all the anecdotes on the 4xe forum buying the winter front to hold in the heat helped 90% of the people get it back to normal even in really cold Canada weather(albeit diminished range due to cold of course). Jeep should just include the cover in the colder climates and instruct dealers to be pushing these for people as a 1st step fix.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, not super worried, will just have to get the cold temp front cover for cooler temps. The issue with the 4xe in the wrangler is the lack of grill shutters. It doesn't let the engine get up to temp in really cold weather, so then you hit the fuel/oil refresh mode and it sticks until you reach the higher temps. From all the anecdotes on the 4xe forum buying the winter front to hold in the heat helped 90% of the people get it back to normal even in really cold Canada weather(albeit diminished range due to cold of course). Jeep should just include the cover in the colder climates and instruct dealers to be pushing these for people as a 1st step fix.
And yet, other manufacturers have succeeded in making this work without grill covers for the same price. I’ll be interested again someday. When they’re on gen 3 or higher. They’re got bugs to work out. They’re late to the party. GM, Ford, Volvo, Toyota, VW have been working on this longer. Chrysler made their money in the last 20 on displacement. Now they need to step it up. Don’t label me a Jeep hater though. Far from it. My JTR is the single best vehicle I’ve owned. I wish it’s sibling was a 4xE. Someday it will be again. Just not today.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
And yet, other manufacturers have succeeded in making this work without grill covers for the same price. I’ll be interested again someday. When they’re on gen 3 or higher. They’re got bugs to work out. They’re late to the party. GM, Ford, Volvo, Toyota, VW have been working on this longer. Chrysler made their money in the last 20 on displacement. Now they need to step it up. Don’t label me a Jeep hater though. Far from it. My JTR is the single best vehicle I’ve owned. I wish it’s sibling was a 4xE. Someday it will be again. Just not today.
Yeah, they really should have included either grill shutters or the cold weather front. Honestly though for 150 or so it just doesn't really bother me as I get it's a first gen and at least it has a rather cheap solution. My bigger issue with the wrangler 4xe is the tiny gas tank, this thing sucks on road trips between the poor mpg and civic sized gas tank.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
My guess is the new turbo inline 6 Mojave
That would be great, because the current V6 is a turd to me........ I prefer the 2.0T in my JLUR

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
That would be great, because the current V6 is a turd to me........ I prefer the 2.0T in my JLUR
Completely agree. The 2.0t spins the heavy 295/70s in my JLU with 3.45 gears easier than the 4.10s do the 315/70 in my JT. All while still averaging over 20 mpg on winter fuel.

DPF140

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineering Technical Director
I know one engine they are gonna release… but I can’t say anything… your gonna have to wait! Ha!
Sponsored