Sponsored

2024 Six Speed Manual Waiting Room

The Sigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
How have they "sorted" the clutch issues? I have a 2020 manual JTR on its second clutch. I have the recall but no solution attached to it.
I gave tried to convince Jeep to go halves on a Centreforce aftermarket with no joy.
Can't go wheeling as this clutch overheats in no time.
My manual Gladiator is also a 2020. I don't want the manufacturer "fix" to be the neutering my truck torque. I've been waiting and waiting for a real solution and don't think one is coming. Have been seriously considering biting the bullet for 6 months or so on having a Centerforce II put in on my dime entirely.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls is where I go to check on remedy status. As of today, it still lists the last update of Feb 2023... nada.

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Six Speed Manual Waiting Room 1706958299289

Sponsored

Vestigo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ, 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
My manual Gladiator is also a 2020. I don't want the manufacturer "fix" to be the neutering my truck torque. I've been waiting and waiting for a real solution and don't think one is coming. Have been seriously considering biting the bullet for 6 months or so on having a Centerforce II put in on my dime entirely.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls is where I go to check on remedy status. As of today, it still lists the last update of Feb 2023... nada.

I am trying to get Jeep to meet me halfway on an aftermarket solution. So far no joy. Not sure how Jeep can get away with this. Clutches are not new tech. Certainly not something that should be an issue when you spend $80k on a vehicle.
Centerforce is where I'm going. Had to find a Canadian dealer to try to save some money on the currency exchange.

slmartin

First Name
Sherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator; 2019 Wrangler
I placed my order for 2024 White Rubicon X 6MT on 9-22-23. It shows scheduled on 10-9-23, but then no more movement on the Jeep track your order site. My dealership was able to see a ship date of 1-24-24, but then said it was pushed to 2-13-24. Now I’m waiting to hear if it was pushed again.
Good morning! I was hoping to have a better update, but my dealer let me know that the estimated ship date they are seeing was pushed again…from 2/13 to 2/27 now.

I’m still not seeing any updates on the tracker.

AleYeah

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport, 1976 VW poptop

Almost a year! This is very discouraging. I tend to keep vehicles for a long time and part of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a JT is I keep hoping for a stick I can rely on for many years while I'm still young enough to enjoy rowing gears. (I'll be 50 this summer.)

OP
OP
mendiola21

mendiola21

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Active Duty Marine
Almost a year! This is very discouraging. I tend to keep vehicles for a long time and part of the reason I haven't pulled the trigger on a JT is I keep hoping for a stick I can rely on for many years while I'm still young enough to enjoy rowing gears. (I'll be 50 this summer.)
I am going to take mine as is and upgrade to a Centerforce Clutch once the OEM one shits the bed, if I don’t do it sooner.

Snow-Jave!

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Silverado 6.6 TD
Occupation
Finding, getting and quitting jobs. Because they all suck.
Check out ACT too. I'm going to upgrade once mine wears out... And I heard tell the only reason the manual has a lower towing capacity is because of the mechanical clutch. The driveline, suspension and frame are just the same as an automatic.
Jeep Gladiator 2024 Six Speed Manual Waiting Room Sticker

Sponsored

crmarczak

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I saw at least one dealership with a 23S ordered which is sport 6mt. Not arrived yet tho

slmartin

First Name
Sherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
September 20th, I had place an order for a Rubicon X w/the AEV upfit package, but within 2 days I decided I did not want it as I have some other brands I would rather do than the AEV. I contacted my dealer to remove the package, but he could not make changes. So, he said he would just cancel and we reordered without upfit on September 22nd. Well, apparently the first order did not cancel and both are now in production estimated to ship to Kentucky the end of this month!

He thinks the first no longer has the upfit package so both orders should be identical but waiting for him to send me the updated build sheets to confirm.

So, if anyone has not yet placed their order and is interested in a white Rubicon X 6mt, there may be one available soon.

Edited to add: I received an email this evening showing an updated status. The actual tracker still only shows up to Scheduled, but hey, I have confirmation that it is moving along! 😁

View attachment 361307

Last edited:

slmartin

First Name
Sherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
September 20th, I had place an order for a Rubicon X w/the AEV upfit package, but within 2 days I decided I did not want it as I have some other brands I would rather do than the AEV. I contacted my dealer to remove the package, but he could not make changes. So, he said he would just cancel and we reordered without upfit on September 22nd. Well, apparently the first order did not cancel and both are now in production estimated to ship to Kentucky the end of this month!

He thinks the first no longer has the upfit package so both orders should be identical but waiting for him to send me the updated build sheets to confirm.

So, if anyone has not yet placed their order and is interested in a white Rubicon X 6mt, there may be one available soon.

Edited to add: I received an email this evening showing an updated status. The actual tracker still only shows up to Scheduled, but hey, I have confirmation that it is moving along! 😁

View attachment 361307
UPDATE from dealer: Jeep 1 currently in G: Trim and Jeep 2 in E: Framing

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Six Speed Manual Waiting Room IMG_5112

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

slmartin

First Name
Sherri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Sheet is now available and estimated arrival under 3 weeks! Hope others are starting to see movement in their 6mt orders. image below from https://waitingforjeep.com

Jeep Gladiator 2024 Six Speed Manual Waiting Room IMG_1466
Sponsored