Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I get about 8 with my 73. I can do 10-11 if I'm really super careful.

I am finding with our huge, wild, temperature swings I can almost watch the mpg change depending on the temperature. It's in the upper 40s now and the mpg has gone up, the other day when the high was about 22, it was way down. I also note when it's super cold it won't upshift as quickly and it won't hit 8th at all in places it normally would.
Shit like this is why I rummage through the forums...i was barely in 8th my whole ride in this morning. I just put in a new intake and was really wonder wtf happened to my mpg. Im hoping its as simple as this.
Sponsored

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
Ah, you've measured. Cool.
Yes, I can measure in outtograms. But most on this site can't relate to that. So I converted it to seconds and it's really between 9 and 10.222 so I went with 10.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I discovered over the weekend on a short highway trip ( about 150 miles one way) that heavy rain reduces MPG noticeably. Which make sense, as the density of the air mass you are going through is greater.
Sponsored