First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
It’s been pretty cold in Denver, today I ran over to grab a green chili burrito and was in a drive through line at this amazing spot off Colfax.

I could hear and feel the engine jumping up from idle about 200 rpm then go back to idle.

I was curious so I popped in my OBD2 reader and could clearly see ‘demand torque’ at 0% (as my foot was on the brake) and ‘actual torque’ jump from 7% to 11% over and over.

Regen was not in process (soot load was about 35%) and engine oil and coolant temps were about 210, trans was about 130.

No other symptoms, no check engine lights, etc.

was weird, but everything seems normal, drives normal.

Any idea what’s up with this? I’m wondering if it’s an indicator of HPFP failure
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Don't know what to tell you about your diesel. I never had anything like that happen. But that green chili burrito will give you a surge later on.

rchandler341

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Can you look at the fuel pressures on the pump and rail pressures? See if they are flucuating?

Wat Dog

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Superintendent
Take it to the dealer. It’s a known issue where a wire has rubbed through and is difficult to find

jensjer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM, Wrangler LJ
Occupation
PhotoAd
It’s been pretty cold in Denver, today I ran over to grab a green chili burrito and was in a drive through line at this amazing spot off Colfax.

I could hear and feel the engine jumping up from idle about 200 rpm then go back to idle.

I was curious so I popped in my OBD2 reader and could clearly see ‘demand torque’ at 0% (as my foot was on the brake) and ‘actual torque’ jump from 7% to 11% over and over.

Regen was not in process (soot load was about 35%) and engine oil and coolant temps were about 210, trans was about 130.

No other symptoms, no check engine lights, etc.

was weird, but everything seems normal, drives normal.

Any idea what’s up with this? I’m wondering if it’s an indicator of HPFP failure
Prolly just gel'n up on you.. diesels are pain in the ass. Besides pissing in the tank (def).. you also gotta buy fuel additives in cold climates otherwise its gonna get pricey taking it into the dealer to flush the lines and filters.. just over 1K each instance..

Sponsored

OP
OP
CreepyJeepy

CreepyJeepy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 3.0
Occupation
Cyber Security
Can you look at the fuel pressures on the pump and rail pressures? See if they are flucuating?
I looked today, and they were fluctuating a bit, between 3820 and 4050 at idle.

Today it was warmer and the idle was stable though.

I bet it was just really cold fuel…. Just the first time I’ve seen something like that.