33-5076 K&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTER

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Anyone running this and noticed any performance increase? Mpg increase? Sound ?
Sponsored

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Air filter discussions tend to generate almost as much heat and almost as little light as oil discussions....

That said - I used to run K&Ns in vehicles. More sound. Slight more responsiveness or at least I had the wishful thinking to perceive that, which maybe came from more sound or from having spent the money and not wanting it to seem useless. But nothing "wow."

Then I read some pretty thorough studies of effectiveness of filtration of oiled cotton filters at removing fine abrasive particles. Haven't bought or used a K&N since. Doubtless someone will strongly differ, see intro above. Just my own experience to date.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I ran K&N's in my Fords, still have a cold air intake (yeah, NOT) on my YJ with the K&N. Hey, it was the 90's!!!

Bought an H2 in '06, the giant air filter was rated for 100K miles. It was paper. Read up on the data. OK, I believe, back to OEM style air filters.

Edit to add: I do have the factory intake parts for my YJ, courtesy of eBay, just haven't bothered to go back to stock yet. I DID go back to an OEM style exhaust manifold after my Banks header repair welds failed. Yeah, less power above 4000 rpm, big whup.

Air filter discussions tend to generate almost as much heat and almost as little light as oil discussions....

That said - I used to run K&Ns in vehicles. More sound. Slight more responsiveness or at least I had the wishful thinking to perceive that, which maybe came from more sound or from having spent the money and not wanting it to seem useless. But nothing "wow."

Then I read some pretty thorough studies of effectiveness of filtration of oiled cotton filters at removing fine abrasive particles. Haven't bought or used a K&N since. Doubtless someone will strongly differ, see intro above. Just my own experience to date.

OP
OP
LiftedrubiconJT

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
I went ahead and picked up the drop in filter for 60 bucks at local store. I think it makes a difference, there is a small noticeable sound difference and I have been averaging 2-2.5 mpg better the last fill up

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Did you look at the study I linked?
Sponsored