Sponsored

37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried a 37 on the stock steel spare rim while driving . Off road or on would it not rub without the back spacing Of a aftermarket wheel ??
Backspacing is irrelevant for the spare.
Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
So consensus is that if you go off-road even a little do not put a good wheel down there with any size tire?
Two Things you could do:

1) Pull it and put in bed when wheeling.
2) Make a cover plate for it that bolts through wheel

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Because the tire sits in the same place no matter if you had a +44 or a -44 offset.. Wheel width has some factor into it, but otherwise its all tire diameter.

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Because the tire sits in the same place no matter if you had a +44 or a -44 offset.. Wheel width has some factor into it, but otherwise its all tire diameter.
I wasn’t meaning for the spare storage I mean for actually using it to drive . 37/12.50 wont fit without decent amount of backspacing so I don’t see how you could actually drive especially off road with a 37/12.50 on the stock spare wheel

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn’t meaning for the spare storage I mean for actually using it to drive . 37/12.50 wont fit without decent amount of backspacing so I don’t see how you could actually drive especially off road with a 37/12.50 on the stock spare wheel
Oh... I didnt realize you were posting off topic since this thread was about "37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed"

For offloading with 37's there are lots of variables including lift & model. Not as clean cut as well, but I am sure there is a thread on it somewhere.

BrandonG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Oh... I didnt realize you were posting off topic since this thread was about "37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed"

For offloading with 37's there are lots of variables including lift & model. Not as clean cut as well, but I am sure there is a thread on it somewhere.
No point of having a spare under the bed that you can’t actually drive with

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So consensus is that if you go off-road even a little do not put a good wheel down there with any size tire?
No, not necessarily. Just know that there's potential for the tire and wheel to act as an "under-bumper" during those times when the ass end of the Gladiator comes down on dirt, rock, etc.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Backspacing is irrelevant for the spare.
For the spare fitting, yes. But it's not irrelevant for using the spare if you've done a lift there could/will be an issue and you'll need a spare tire wheel like your other wheels (same backspacing)

immaechu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow / 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Air Suspension
Occupation
Owner of printing company
Vehicle Showcase

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just had 5x Maxxis Razr MT's mounted on my Sport S without lift (for now). 37x12.5R17 spare fits
Can you tell us more about how your 37" Maxxis Razr MT fits underneath? I know someone with the same tires and he said no way his tire would fit there

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Big thanks :handsinair: to Joel Nunez, Store Manager at @Discount Tire in Mesa, AZ, for all his help with my spare tire program :like: I needed a spare tire/wheel that I could use rather than the factory spare that was nothing more than dead weight underneath the Gladiator.

Joel helped my by getting me a cost effective steel wheel that has the same bolt pattern and similar backspacing to my Fuel Zephyr wheels. And we went through the list of tires from this thread and I selected the 37x12.50R17 BFG All Terrain T/A KO2 tire which his team installed on the black steelie wheel.

I went to @Discount Tire and Joel and his team lowered my Falken Wildpeak factory spare, and attached the new spare wheel and tire and cranked it up under the Jeep Gladiator. It fit quite easily - more easily than I thought it would - and I was outta there after paying my bill.

The new spare before being put away. Hopefully this is the most sunlight this virgin tire and wheel will ever see...

Jeep Gladiator 37” spare tire - list of tires that fit under the bed BFG All Terrain T-A tire - 1

Anyone want to buy my virgin Falken Wildpeak A/T AT3W, LT285/70R17 (33"), load range C on Jeep Gladiator spare wheel?

Link to classified ad: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-wheel-one-wheel-tire-only.34961/#post-567107
Sponsored