Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hi Guys,

While waiting for my Gladiator Rubcion to be built I am trying to do some research so I can start collecting parts for it.

One of my big things is tires. I previously ran 37” K02s on my JKUR and they were amazing in winter. I live in Toronto Canada, and this vehicle will be my daily/weekend toy. We don’t have huge rocks out here but it will be still be wheeled. So looking for a tire that will perform off-road, but will see 90% on road duty, which include 100kms a day on the road in Ice, snow, sleet, rain, dry pavement.

Anyone run the Milestars in these conditions and have any feedback on them? My main concern is Ice more than snow as I do a good 100kms a day at highway speeds.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Look into the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 tires. I'm running them in 37x13.50r20 on mine. Awesome tires! Quiet, pull great, handle good on-road, dig well offroad, long tread life. I got mine from @Discount Tire here on the forum. They'll get you a hell of a price.

They also make them in a 38x15.50r20 if you're hell-bent on the 38's.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Look into the Kumho Road Venture MT KL71 tires. I'm running them in 37x13.50r20 on mine. Awesome tires! Quiet, pull great, handle good on-road, dig well offroad, long tread life. I got mine from @Discount Tire here on the forum. They'll get you a hell of a price.

They also make them in a 38x15.50r20 if you're hell-bent on the 38's.
Any picture of them on your Jeep ?
How is the snow/ice performance ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Any picture of them on your Jeep ?
How is the snow/ice performance ?
Sure, got some pics... Give me a minute...

Snow/ice? Dude, I live in central Alabama... We're damn-near tropical. We see actual snow like maybe every other year...And then it's less than 1 foot. We do have a good bit of black ice on the roads and stuff, and my dad has been running those same tires (35x12.50r17) on his Ram 2500 Cummins for about 8+ years, and through all seasons and weather types, and he loves them. He's had several sets. Which knowing how much he likes them, and having driven his truck before and seen first-hand how they handled, and how quiet and nice they were, and how well his tread life was on a 10,000 lbs 4x4 diesel truck, I went with them for the JTR.

I have heard from another member on there, that they do great in sand and desert.

Also, don't let the fact that they're directional deter you from buying... Some folks hate directional tires, but these pull just as good in reverse as they do forward.

Here's some pics of them.

Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter DA383224-037B-44FF-B0C6-D903BD1570B1
Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter 9DDCF6BB-6BEF-412D-AC7D-AAC4415C7008
Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter DC7CC339-8773-49FD-906B-413B8F5B6179
Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter E48DE31B-FD41-445F-A997-12F1C24E9231
Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter 6E776A47-8CFB-4407-A506-ECBB6DED5A61
Jeep Gladiator 38” Milestar Pats in winter 1030DE54-BF95-4C39-AC32-F4F350D5C19B

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ah ok thanks, sorry I was looking off my phone and didn’t see your location.

Yeah I guess I’m looking for winter driving feedback, as winter is a good 6 months here and Mud tires typically are dangerous on Icy roads.

Sure, got some pics... Give me a minute...

Snow/ice? Dude, I live in central Alabama... We're damn-near tropical. We see actual snow like maybe every other year...And then it's less than 1 foot. We do have a good bit of black ice on the roads and stuff, and my dad has been running those same tires (35x12.50r17) on his Ram 2500 Cummins for about 8+ years, and through all seasons and weather types, and he loves them. He's had several sets. Which knowing how much he likes them, and having driven his truck before and seen first-hand how they handled, and how quiet and nice they were, and how well his tread life was on a 10,000 lbs 4x4 diesel truck, I went with them for the JTR.

I have heard from another member on there, that they do great in sand and desert.

Also, don't let the fact that they're directional deter you from buying... Some folks hate directional tires, but these pull just as good in reverse as they do forward.

Here's some pics of them.

Sponsored

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
If you just look up reviews you would find what you're looking for. It's not like they're going to be awesome on ice only on a Gladiator and shitty on every other vehicle. You'd be better off getting an AT but I know how cheap the Pats are. You could also buy a tire groover and sipe all the lugs and that would add even more traction. I know this, because I've done it before and you can look up videos about it. If you don't like the smell of burning rubber then you can take it to a tire shop that sipes tires.

https://www.off-road.com/blog/products/tire-review-milestar-patagonia-m-t/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/milestar-patagonia-m-t-review-37x12-5r17.20882/

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve actually looked at lots of reviews on them but I could never find any real reviews talking about how they perform on ice. I know a lot of people run them, was looking for any real world reviews of people that live in Northern climates that are dallying their rigs on them.

TBH I was pretty much set on getting K02s again, but have had a lot of people tell me that I should take a look at the Pats. That’s the only real reason I’m considering them now. I know they are cheap in the States but in Canada they are the same price as K02s.

If you just look up reviews you would find what you're looking for. It's not like they're going to be awesome on ice only on a Gladiator and shitty on every other vehicle. You'd be better off getting an AT but I know how cheap the Pats are. You could also buy a tire groover and sipe all the lugs and that would add even more traction. I know this, because I've done it before and you can look up videos about it. If you don't like the smell of burning rubber then you can take it to a tire shop that sipes tires.

https://www.off-road.com/blog/products/tire-review-milestar-patagonia-m-t/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/milestar-patagonia-m-t-review-37x12-5r17.20882/

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I’ve actually looked at lots of reviews on them but I could never find any real reviews talking about how they perform on ice. I know a lot of people run them, was looking for any real world reviews of people that live in Northern climates that are dallying their rigs on them.

TBH I was pretty much set on getting K02s again, but have had a lot of people tell me that I should take a look at the Pats. That’s the only real reason I’m considering them now. I know they are cheap in the States but in Canada they are the same price as K02s.
Cool. I've checked out the Pats before and it looks like they have a central tread that is grooved/siped which is better than most MTs. On my first Wrangler which was a '14 JK Willys they had the stock BFG KM which weren't siped at all so I got a groover and did all the lugs. Then I got KO2 not long after and it was night and day difference. I just got the Falken AT3W on my work truck and they were great this past winter plowing snow. I didn't have to use 4WD much. Here's what the KM's looked like after I grooved them.

P7191196a.jpg

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I didn't hit a ton of ice on my Pats, but they were surprisingly good in rain, snow, and nasty winter stuff. Excellent grip overall. One of the smoothest riding tires I've ever owned also.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I recommend you get the cooper AT3 XLT or Nitto exo grappler both in 37” for winter driving.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
@WXman What kind of mileage are you/did you get out of your Patagonia's?
As in, tread wear? I didn't have them long enough to know. Only put about 10,000 on them. But, my cousin also has them on his Ram 2500 Cummins and he's at 30,000 miles on his set. He's still got 7/32nd left according to my depth gauge so they're doing really well for a mud tire.

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
@WXman Wow! He's going to get at least 40k if he wants to. That's awesome to hear. I have a decent commute each day, so I've been curious as to how well the tread holds up on these. I want a set, but can't justify replacing them in less than 2 years. Sounds like I would be just fine.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Ah ok thanks, sorry I was looking off my phone and didn’t see your location.

Yeah I guess I’m looking for winter driving feedback, as winter is a good 6 months here and Mud tires typically are dangerous on Icy roads.
If you're looking for winter performance, then you'll want to stay away from M/Ts. Some are better than others, but its the larger tread voids and lack of siping that are the issue. The OEM M/Ts on my JKU Rubicon were scary on packed snowy roads and ice (I used to live in CO). They did fine in deep snow and unplowed roads. I replaced them with Duratracs and it was night and day better. My two cents...

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I bought a set of 38" Pat's for trail usage, but I decided to run them daily as well. They are quiet and have good road manners.

As far as rainy weather, they stick like glue. I have not traveled across snow or ice with these tires.
Sponsored