First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I see what you guys are trying to accomplish but wouldn’t it be easier to buy a Mojave cowl from the dealership and start mocking up from there? That’s what this guy did to get the amfib to work with his wife’s Mojave. YouTube:Mojave snorkel could work for the other things you guys want to do.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I see what you guys are trying to accomplish but wouldn’t it be easier to buy a Mojave cowl from the dealership and start mocking up from there? That’s what this guy did to get the amfib to work with his wife’s Mojave. YouTube:Mojave snorkel could work for the other things you guys want to do.
Yes but as I see it, the only 2 options are:

1) modify an existing Mojave cowl (which looks pretty good)

2) 3D print an entirely new cowl that will accept the 4xe charging port door and looks OEM with no cutting or modifying (what I currently working on).

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My goal is to make this as “plug and play” as possible

Mostly bc nobody needs to see the debauchery I can accomplish with a sawzall and my Mojave.

Nor do I want to pay for someone else to fix said debauchery 😂.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Jeep Gladiator 3D print Mojave cowl possible? 1677520027636

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
progress .... This is the first time that I have hated my paint choice (granite crystal) .... things that make optical scanning more difficult ... dark colors, specular reflection (e.g. metallic flecks in paint), shiny ... really, really wished that I was working with a white cowl ... some blue painters tape made the above possible

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
driver's side was faster since I skipped right to the blue tape

Now to put my truck back together ... damn does it whistle at highway speeds without the cowls!

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Jeep Gladiator 3D print Mojave cowl possible? 1677524132648

Different perspective of the piece ... just for fun

CokreeateJT

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Ray Gray JTR
Make sure you're using a high temp plastic for the part.
If you're going to use PLA it will be wrap in the sun.
If you need something 3d printed hit us up.

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you're using a high temp plastic for the part.
If you're going to use PLA it will be wrap in the sun.
If you need something 3d printed hit us up.
Sent you a DM...

Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Just came across this thread, this is something I've been wanting to do as well.
Currently my goal is to get air, winch connector and a switch for my scene lights.

I bought a Mojave cowl, 4xe door a while back and I've been messing around in CAD with a design for "merging" the parts.

I did a preliminary print to do some initial mock ups to figure out how I wanted to place the port...

I'm using PLA for the mockup, but I will be (probably) using ABS for the final part. Possibly CF, but not sure yet.

20230310_200910.jpg

20230310_195712.jpg

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Is there a reason you're specifically targeting a 4xe door replica with the CAD/3Dpring work you're looking to have done? I understand it's an established starting point but if it's mostly being done from scratch, creating something truly unique would also allow the design to be mirror imaged so the part could be produced for both sides, and an air port for each side is definitely superior.

Not a CAD person, so feel free to ignore me if my idea adds more work than the potential benefit.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Just came across this thread, this is something I've been wanting to do as well.
Currently my goal is to get air, winch connector and a switch for my scene lights.

I bought a Mojave cowl, 4xe door a while back and I've been messing around in CAD with a design for "merging" the parts.

I did a preliminary print to do some initial mock ups to figure out how I wanted to place the port...

I'm using PLA for the mockup, but I will be (probably) using ABS for the final part. Possibly CF, but not sure yet.

Jeep Gladiator 3D print Mojave cowl possible? 20230310_195712

Jeep Gladiator 3D print Mojave cowl possible? 20230310_195712
Let me know if the mojave cowl scans that I have could be helpful... happy to send them your way

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Let me know if the mojave cowl scans that I have could be helpful... happy to send them your way
Actually, that would be awesome! That would save me a ton of iteration to get the curves right.

I use Fusion 360, so I should be able to open up any standard CAD file.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Is there a reason you're specifically targeting a 4xe door replica with the CAD/3Dpring work you're looking to have done? I understand it's an established starting point but if it's mostly being done from scratch, creating something truly unique would also allow the design to be mirror imaged so the part could be produced for both sides, and an air port for each side is definitely superior.

Not a CAD person, so feel free to ignore me if my idea adds more work than the potential benefit.
You are right, it actually would be pretty cool to do something completely custom. I'd also thought about looking for an existing door that could be mirrored on both sides or make something from scratch.

Honestly, for me most of it comes down to time. I travel a lot for work, so most of the time I can't just work on stuff in the evening after work, since I'm stuck in a hotel somewhere else.

The 4xe door is basically ready go, looks pretty good (IMO) so it sort of wins by default for me.

From a functional perspective I had originally wanted to add another air coupler when I first put in the Grimm bracket but I didn't have time. In practice it hasn't been an issue at all, so it didn't end up on my list of requirements.

I have been messing around with some ideas to fill in the logo on the 4xe door and cnc something else on it, but we'll see lol.

I'll be thrilled just to have this functional and not having to open up my hood everytime I need air.
Sponsored