Sponsored

4xe TEST DRIVE

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Well my Jeep salesman shows up at work today with a new 4XE High Altitude for a test drive. I was impressed. Finally power of what a Jeep should have. Told him to call when 4XE gladiator was available.
Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
How much is a new battery pack and what is the service life on them?

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
My buddy just bought one fully loaded instead of a rubicon. He came from a Hemi 1500 and said that the power is insane compared to his truck and other wranglers he test drove.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
The power is what "could" be an issue. Once that makes its way downstream, I can see drivetrain breakage being a big concern. The axles didn't get any stronger, but only time will tell. That said, I want one.

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
How much coal or oil AC power does it take to charge, at what cost and what happens to the batteries once thei live is over?
Exactly - anyone buying these electric cars thinking they are doing something for "the environment" is being sold a lie. The technology is cool and the torque/power and other advantages this offers is certainly there, but the whole "electric cars are more sustainable" thing is total nonsense.

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
My intention isn't to piss in anyone's Cheerios. Nor do I want to stoke a conversation on environmental sustainability. But I'm skeptical of any electric vehicle. Especially one that boasts off-road capability. It's no secret which side I fall on but I do have solar panels on my house because the sun shines in NM over 75% of the time so I did it for practical reasons not environmental and it's through this lens I view the 4xe.

1) What's the range on these things? How far can they go on a charge? There's many a times I've been out wheeling and stop to gas up on the way home. A couple weeks ago I was stuck in snow in the mountains for 4 hours and I had my JT idling the whole time for the winch.
2) How deep of water can one fjord with the 4xe? I'm not one to go plowing through water but if I need to I will. I'm not sure but electronics and water don't quite mix.
3) Can the 4xe take a licking and keep on ticking? Jeep is branded for one thing. Can the 4xe hang after some pounding on a trail? I'm not saying gassers and deisels don't break but are the 4xes more fragile?

These are some of the things I would consider before looking into buying one. I look forward to seeing these things in action to see how they stand up against the standard Jeep has set for off roading.

Sponsored

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
My intention isn't to piss in anyone's Cheerios. Nor do I want to stoke a conversation on environmental sustainability. But I'm skeptical of any electric vehicle. Especially one that boasts off-road capability. It's no secret which side I fall on but I do have solar panels on my house because the sun shines in NM over 75% of the time so I did it for practical reasons not environmental and it's through this lens I view the 4xe.

1) What's the range on these things? How far can they go on a charge? There's many a times I've been out wheeling and stop to gas up on the way home. A couple weeks ago I was stuck in snow in the mountains for 4 hours and I had my JT idling the whole time for the winch.
2) How deep of water can one fjord with the 4xe? I'm not one to go plowing through water but if I need to I will. I'm not sure but electronics and water don't quite mix.
3) Can the 4xe take a licking and keep on ticking? Jeep is branded for one thing. Can the 4xe hang after some pounding on a trail? I'm not saying gassers and deisels don't break but are the 4xes more fragile?

These are some of the things I would consider before looking into buying one. I look forward to seeing these things in action to see how they stand up against the standard Jeep has set for off roading.
You do realize it runs on gas too right?

Rubi_Rhod

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR 6MT, '55 Manx Clone Bug
Build Thread
Link
Well don't I feel like a moron. I thought it was fully electric. Same questions still apply though.
This is a $1B Jeep. The halo to their portfolio and profit center. The whole platform from engines, to chassis, to electrical has all been designed to make this generation of wranglers electric/hybrids. The battery is up where the underseat storage is. So no risk there from trail damage. It's still rated for the same 30" as the rest of the fleet. This wasn't a slap and dash job. This is a decade+ of hybrid tech finally going into a well nameplated off road vehicle. If anything, this 4xe should be very welcome on the trails. Tons of crawling torque, silent trail running (Jeep specifically made the drivetrain modes selectable so you can use the battery charge as you want), and will have chargers at popular trails and all.

I personally really like the hybrid approach vs full electric. I think its a good blend of performance and economy and while I like my gas, a 20-30+ mpg Jeep, and one that can do grocery runs for almost 0 gas, just adds some neat perks without really taking anything away.

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
Stopped in my local Mt Juliet, TN Jeep dealership and what did I see?!

I did not test drive. I went to get parts for my JT and thought about test driving a Diesel JT but they didn’t have one.

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE 2F934A26-D5F8-4269-984A-EC9C8C7982C2

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE 5D28E116-A099-4282-8329-F964A430D1B4

Jeep Gladiator 4xe TEST DRIVE 4C6FE6DB-7A18-4595-8993-9BA9DC42D07E

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I will get a pic of the actual window sticker tomorrow.
Sponsored