6” Rough Country lift on 37’s

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I'm interested to hear what the Jeep vets say. Rough Country seems to take alot of heat on the board. I was looking at Clayton 3.5, but the local guy only installs RC. So.....

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I'm interested to hear what the Jeep vets say. Rough Country seems to take alot of heat on the board. I was looking at Clayton 3.5, but the local guy only installs RC. So.....
I'd just save up and go with clayton or metalcloak and have someone else do it,if a guy can only do RC that says alot about them,they want easy work and install a shitty product,sure it will lift you up higher to the sky but your kinda gonna regret it,only thing that makes you say "hey rough riding country ain't bad.....for the price"
But I will say,if shes gonna be just a mall crawler go with rough country,if your gonna go offroad quite a bit and or want a quality product that's gonna ride well go with a brand like metalcloak,rock krawler,clayton......and ect :D

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I ran rough country springs on my JKU and they did great. I'm looking at the 3.5" spring lift for my JT. If I decide to go with a spring lift it will be the rough country one. I ran their adjustable track bar as well and it did better on JKU than the Rock krawler one I had installed. Their stuff takes a lot of heat because people think you gotta spend a bunch to say you got a good lift but that's not the case and hasn't been the case for years. @greg3203 your Jeep looks great and I'm sure rides great. @ThatStinging_Jeep is obviously living in the past.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
I ran rough country springs on my JKU and they did great.
I also have a RC lift on the JK Unlimited, and I must say this part of your statement is accurate - the springs aren't bad. Unfortunatenly literally everything else in their kit isn't worth crap.

The shocks sucked and needed replacing within 10,000 miles, the drop brackets for the brake line were cheap, and started rusting right away - to mention nothing of being too short, and the list goes on.

Literally the only thing from RC left on my JK is the springs, every other component on that lift was replaced due to failure and/or subpar quality.

I'm all about saving a buck, but I sure as heck ain't re-doing a lift 10,000 miles the road because a crummy product.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a RC lift on the JK Unlimited, and I must say this part of your statement is accurate - the springs aren't bad. Unfortunatenly literally everything else in their kit isn't worth crap.

The shocks sucked and needed replacing within 10,000 miles, the drop brackets for the brake line were cheap, and started rusting right away - to mention nothing of being too short, and the list goes on.

Literally the only thing from RC left on my JK is the springs, every other component on that lift was replaced due to failure and/or subpar quality.

I'm all about saving a buck, but I sure as heck ain't re-doing a lift 10,000 miles the road because a crummy product.
Never had any issues like you mentioned other than I will agree the shocks suck ass. I already had rancho shocks so I only installed the rough country shocks for a few rides and immediately took them off in favor of the rancho shocks. Other than that the same stuff I installed is still installed on my JKU from what I can tell because I'm currently trying to buy it back from the current owner. That would make it about 5-1/2 yrs old. I'll definitely be installing rough country's adjustable track bar even if I don't swap lifts

OP
OP

greg3203

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I ran rough country springs on my JKU and they did great. I'm looking at the 3.5" spring lift for my JT. If I decide to go with a spring lift it will be the rough country one. I ran their adjustable track bar as well and it did better on JKU than the Rock krawler one I had installed. Their stuff takes a lot of heat because people think you gotta spend a bunch to say you got a good lift but that's not the case and hasn't been the case for years. @greg3203 your Jeep looks great and I'm sure rides great. @ThatStinging_Jeep is obviously living in the past.
It does ride really well! Much better then I was expecting.

Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I know, older thread, but I ran a Rough Country lift on my TJ for 11+ years and never had any complaints. The shocks aren't the greatest, but all the components held up well. Did plenty of rock crawling on them in AZ and CO.

Deleted member 30519

I've been running the 3.5" RC springs and shocks on my JT for over a year with no complaints.

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
One of my local shops who do the majority of the high end rock crawlers and Ultra4 racing, stocks RC now. They say it's a totally different product than in years past. I haven't run any of their stuff, but I know folks who have been the last 3 years with no complaints.

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
The shop I use to work for has done the opposite. They have moved on from RC. Their kit looks like s cheaper price point but you have to add a lot of the parts you need.

Jabakkarabbit

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
These debates are crazy fun. I change my mind on what I'm gonna do just about every other post I read. But still favoring Clayton I thinks.
Sponsored