8.4" factory upgrade...no sound from rear speakers

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
I purchased the 8.4" Uconnect from All Mopar Parts. I have a Rubicon with 7"....easy swap...after about 30 minutes everything works except the rear speakers/sound bar. I go back to the 7" and the rear speakers work. Re-install the 8.4" and the rear speakers work, but after about 30 minutes, no sound again from the rears only. Front works fine. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!
Sponsored

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
I have been trying all week to get an answer from All Mopar about possible defective head unit and they keep giving me the run around. They may have good prices, but their customer service is the worst!!!

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
I purchased the 8.4" Uconnect from All Mopar Parts. I have a Rubicon with 7"....easy swap...after about 30 minutes everything works except the rear speakers/sound bar. I go back to the 7" and the rear speakers work. Re-install the 8.4" and the rear speakers work, but after about 30 minutes, no sound again from the rears only. Front works fine. Any ideas? This is driving me nuts!
Looking for an opinion...do you think the radio can be defective or maybe just a dealer flash?

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
How long did you let it sit after installing? It's normal for the rears not to work while the unit is programmed by your specific vehicle. After you plug it in, you're supposed to do 2 sleep cycles and then let it sit for like 5 hours before it works 100%

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
How long did you let it sit after installing? It's normal for the rears not to work while the unit is programmed by your specific vehicle. After you plug it in, you're supposed to do 2 sleep cycles and then let it sit for like 5 hours before it works 100%
I let it sit for a good 2 days. I have not heard that is normal. I can totally re-install it and give it more time/sleep cycles.
Thanks for that!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
UPDATE!!!
I re-installed the 8.4" and waited 2 days and a few sleep cycles...still no rear speakers. I unplugged the aftermarket sub (rockville 10") and boom...rear speakers work! I plugged the sub back in and I am good! Not sure what happened, but I am a very happy camper! Ill let you know if it craps out again, but fingers crossed, I am in the clear.

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
Update...I while back I installed the Rockville 10" sub and then recently upgraded to the 8.4". I had no sound from the rear speakers after a "sleep" cycle. This weekend, I uninstalled the sub and re-installed it and all the wiring. Everything works!!! My advice if you are upgrading, unhook any aftermarket amps/subs and do the radio first, then install the amp/sub. I hope this helps someone...drop me a message if you need any pics.

Glenn671

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
UPDATE!!!
I re-installed the 8.4" and waited 2 days and a few sleep cycles...still no rear speakers. I unplugged the aftermarket sub (rockville 10") and boom...rear speakers work! I plugged the sub back in and I am good! Not sure what happened, but I am a very happy camper! Ill let you know if it craps out again, but fingers crossed, I am in the clear.
im doing the same thing you are and soundbar speakers are not working. Did you simply just unplug the sub and the soundbar speakers kicked on, then just replugged the sub?

OP
OP

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
So, I had installed a 10" rockville sub when I had the 7" factory radio installed...everything worked. I purchased the 8.4" factory and everything was fine except no rear speakers (sound bar). I went back to the 7" they worked again. At this point I was fed-up with the whole thing so I disconnected the sub and re-installed it, now I have rear speakers.
So, I think you need to install the new radio first, then install any after market amp/sub. I hope this helps, if not pm me and we can chat.

Glenn671

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So, I had installed a 10" rockville sub when I had the 7" factory radio installed...everything worked. I purchased the 8.4" factory and everything was fine except no rear speakers (sound bar). I went back to the 7" they worked again. At this point I was fed-up with the whole thing so I disconnected the sub and re-installed it, now I have rear speakers.
So, I think you need to install the new radio first, then install any after market amp/sub. I hope this helps, if not pm me and we can chat.
PM sent
Sponsored