Sponsored

A different kind of question about tonneau covers…

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Secure enough. Locks are for honest people and all that. I think I’d put a low platform in the bed to slide tools, Gun cases, etc under. It would be very difficult to get underneath it with the tailgate locked.
Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Did not read all replies, but I went through 2 kids with a truck and the topper was required for hauling strollers, and other assorted junk.

I've always gone with soft tonneau as I dont like losing bed space or the hassle of removing a cover if i need the full bed. On all 4 trucks i've used an Access tonneau cover and they've stood up to freezing winters with tons of snow in MN, blazing heat and sun in Florida, and hurricane force winds with no issues. They're not cheap, but you arent getting cheap quality either.

OP
OP

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
Thanks again for all the replies guys! I have seen a few good suggestions that I like and am going to look into some more.

A lot of comments about security/privacy, which is a good thought. But my primary concern is just keeping stuff dry(ish) in case of rain.

OP
OP

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
Can anyone with a Bak x4s tonneau cover confirm whether or not the tonneau cover can be rolled up and removed completely? Or is it attached permanently at the bulkhead? I am kind of leaning towards that, or a softopper lol.

I would definitely like the Bak x4s if it could simply be rolled up and taken off when I don’t need it. That seems like it is the least intrusive of all the options that I have found so far.

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I have the x4s and it's permanently attached at the bulkhead. Honestly though, I've yet to run into a scenario where I needed anything beyond just rolling it up. It's an awesome cover and has held up well. I lock stuff in my bed all the time, out of sight, out of mind.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hoss

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive manufacturing
I have the x4s and it's permanently attached at the bulkhead. Honestly though, I've yet to run into a scenario where I needed anything beyond just rolling it up. It's an awesome cover and has held up well. I lock stuff in my bed all the time, out of sight, out of mind.
How is the water intrusion? Good enough to keep the contents dry enough driving through the rain?

Also, with the cover rolled up, how much rearwards visibility does it block?

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
Been following - After this thread I'm really into the Bak x4s and the Fas-Top. I had been into the Rugged Ridge Armis rolling, but the Bak x4s looks more well made.

drew0622

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Inventory Coordinator/Document Management