First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Everyone is gonna have their own opinion but as far as best tonneau cover.... hands down Diamondback owns that spot for me. Thing is Bombproof.
Best mod on my truck.

C63423B1-1976-4357-B90D-C9AF56021E91.jpeg

735EB6C5-D29D-4A8C-B01D-D412F5343A53.jpeg

91D112AC-B195-4E19-98A4-0A459137475B.jpeg

657DD13C-ADBA-4371-A5D4-9BC14C4718D2.jpeg
Is it just me, or does anyone else read the plate G-Later?😁

I do like it though and agree with you on the DiamondBack. I think I have decided on the SE since I don't really need the extra load capacity.
Sponsored

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Is it just me, or does anyone else read the plate G-Later?😁

I do like it though and agree with you on the DiamondBack. I think I have decided on the SE since I don't really need the extra load capacity.
Thanks man. Would have liked to have done GLD8TR instead but was limited to 5 characters assuming it wasnt taken already Lol.

But yeah man I initially considered the SE, But figured I may have wanted the HD later. Figured it was one of those buy once cry once situation, so just went ahead with the HD version and love it. Not that its huge but besides the extra weight rating, the HD comes with extra anchor cleats which I like.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
My first tonneau was a soft roll-up, the cheap one on Amazon for the Canyon/Colorado.
For around $125 (then) I have ZERO complaints about it. Not the most secure one, a sharp knife and they're in your bed.

I now have the BAK Revolver X4S, hard roll-up. Only problem I have had with it is a small plastic piece was borken in packing/shipping. I contacted BAK with a description and pictures and 2 days later I had a new part.
Basically almost waterproof, even though there is no such thing. I get a few dribbles if it's raining hard and windy, or raining hard and driving on the interstate. Very secure, if they REALLY want in they're getting in and going to cause significant damage to everything.

So, to sum it up, "Best" is a relative term to your needs and expectations.

Sponsored

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I have always liked options.
You head hours out of state, and need to load up the back, it's out of the way.

20211201_154807.jpg
Want to haul some long stuff with tailgate up, you flip up the end and leave the rest of the bed covered. Want to put a truck tent in the back, roll it up, take out two bolts and lift it off.
Which roll-up cover is that and did you like it?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Which roll-up cover is that and did you like it?
It's the factory option MOPAR roll-up cover.
I sort of preferred the look of the twill cover on my 2020. Got the other roll-up cover with my 2022 but other than the material and looks, they operate and act exactly the same.
I'm on Gladiator number 2 which means cover number 2 and thus far no leaks with either, no flapping, no problems, they just work.
I like how easily it rolls up and secures, and how easily it can be taken off with a T50 torx bit and just a little time (once rolled up and secured, you can take it off in 2 or 3 minutes)
Back of the truck stays clean and dry.
Went 27,000 miles and a bit over 2 1/2 years on the first truck/cover and I'm over a year into the second one now and it gets used quite a bit as I use this like a truck.

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
I've been happy with my rugged ridge armis. I think it's branded by several companies. It's easy to fold back or take off and has held up well for 2 years.

Reddout99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 80th Anniversary JT Sport S
Occupation
Cad Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's the factory option MOPAR roll-up cover.
I sort of preferred the look of the twill cover on my 2020. Got the other roll-up cover with my 2022 but other than the material and looks, they operate and act exactly the same.
I'm on Gladiator number 2 which means cover number 2 and thus far no leaks with either, no flapping, no problems, they just work.
I like how easily it rolls up and secures, and how easily it can be taken off with a T50 torx bit and just a little time (once rolled up and secured, you can take it off in 2 or 3 minutes)
Back of the truck stays clean and dry.
Went 27,000 miles and a bit over 2 1/2 years on the first truck/cover and I'm over a year into the second one now and it gets used quite a bit as I use this like a truck.
Both are the Mopar covers then?

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
My first tonneau was a soft roll-up, the cheap one on Amazon for the Canyon/Colorado.
For around $125 (then) I have ZERO complaints about it. Not the most secure one, a sharp knife and they're in your bed.
Redd, I have this same roll up that Kevman discribed above. Brand is Tyger. For the price, I've been super happy with it. Its still in such good shape I'm moving it to my (soon to have) new truck. It's no longer 125 bux but still very reasonably priced I'm sure.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
Hey @ShadowsPapa - it's kind of hard to tell from your pic, but I need a cover that rolls up tight enough to allow a pair of dirt bikes to contact the front part of the bed with their front tires to be tied down. Does the mopar unit roll up tight enough to allow that? Or does it kind of stick out back into the bed a bit?
Beyond that, I'm not so worried about dust or water - more about keeping whatever is IN the bed out of eyesight from neer-do-wells. Thanks for any info.
Sponsored