First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
I was driving my nephew to the airport this morning (4am) when someone decided it was a great time to take a nap behind their wheel and swerved into my lane…only 2 months old…I’m not happy.

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 56906A18-402D-48D6-866F-13BF23E89C3A

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 6A1FA534-A996-469C-BAB2-A0A3F6392192

Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… CD4ED701-8B9E-4641-A72B-494A8E288CEB
Sponsored

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Thanks. I’m sorry that I didn’t mention that no one was hurt, beyond that fact that I was in mid-gulp of a soda; the Coke Zero bottle slammed into my nose and exploding into my face when the airbag deployed. Of course my teenage nephew couldn’t stop laughing at that part.

In the end, it’s just a truck, unfortunately it was exactly what I wanted and may take some time to find the best replacement.

Of course the insurance is already trying to say that it may be repairable. The KBB shows that it’s actually appreciated by $8k (dealer trade-in) since I purchased it. I should know in a day or so.

Sponsored

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Glad to hear you and passenger are ok. Looks like some decent speed to rip the axle right out like that. My vote is totaled. Start a poll.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Looks like some decent speed to rip the axle right out like that.
I was going about 35-40 mph, but can’t speak for the other vehicle. The dude said he thought that he’d been asleep for several minutes. His car (some type of Toyota) was in bad shape as well. His wheels were broken/shattered into large chunks.

(Bad photo, but the best I could do with the lighting)
Jeep Gladiator A rough morning… 7FF8C063-7AFD-4A22-8164-21862A563EE6

Dls79

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Retired
OP,
Depending on your state law, Diminished Value may apply due to your vehicle will be forever tainted due to documented significant repair. Do not depend on your insurance company to offer up restitution for diminished value.
Good Luck!

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Holy crap that thing had some speed behind it. Make sure you have the sleeping driver's statements as part of your claim. Don't rely on promises from today when they talk to their insurance later. I have had too many people try to flip the narrative after the fact.

On a plus, this is another confirmation of the sturdiness in the event of an accident. I am also glad you guys are alright.

Put your order in with Gupton first thing in the morning. Then sign up with Tread Lightly for the affiliate pricing. That way you can head off the wait time before insurance makes final determination and payout. Depending on what you order, you may come out even or ahead.

Don't forget to keep an eye on you and the nephew in the next couple of days. Any soreness or weird feelings, see a doctor right away. It will be covered by the other driver's insurance and could head off any serious issues you may brush off as minor.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks. I’m sorry that I didn’t mention that no one was hurt, beyond that fact that I was in mid-gulp of a soda; the Coke Zero bottle slammed into my nose and exploding into my face when the airbag deployed. Of course my teenage nephew couldn’t stop laughing at that part.

In the end, it’s just a truck, unfortunately it was exactly what I wanted and may take some time to find the best replacement.

Of course the insurance is already trying to say that it may be repairable. The KBB shows that it’s actually appreciated by $8k (dealer trade-in) since I purchased it. I should know in a day or so.
Damn, glad to see you are ok! My prior three month Rubicon Gladiator was totaled earlier this month after being rear ended by an EMS driver. The insurance company paid out $14k over MSRP (from the window sticker).

Hope everything works out for you and make sure you claim your lost beverage!

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I was driving my nephew to the airport this morning (4am) when someone decided it was a great time to take a nap behind their wheel and swerved into my lane…only 2 months old…I’m not happy.

56906A18-402D-48D6-866F-13BF23E89C3A.jpeg

6A1FA534-A996-469C-BAB2-A0A3F6392192.jpeg

CD4ED701-8B9E-4641-A72B-494A8E288CEB.jpeg
as a former cop, please check how you feel tomorrow. adrenaline covers issues for the first 24 hours or so. some things crop up after that. second write down everything you recall and heard the other driver say as soon as possible. you may need it later…invaluable. do not..not…make any statements to the other insurance company unless directed by yours, especially in regards to how you feel, again as some issues take a few days to show. just some good initial advice. oh and lastly…get a front and rear dash cam for the future….saves time and and aggravation

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

Repairable? What? That’s totaled. Glad to know everyone is fine. You’re surely get a new replacement so at least that’s good.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Put your order in with Gupton first thing in the morning. Then sign up with Tread Lightly for the affiliate pricing. That way you can head off the wait time before insurance makes final determination and payout.
Whats “Gupton”? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

As to fault, the police report shows that I’m not at fault and the driver was cited for reckless driving and failure to maintain control of his vehicle (and identified as at fault). He further admitted to having “one beer” before driving and falling asleep in his statement to the state trooper. The troopers ran him through a field sobriety test, which he passed.

This is the first accident like this I’ve ever been in, so this’ll all be new. My hope is to simply come out even and get a replacement asap without taking any hit on my own wallet.

So far I reported it to my insurance, then filed a claim with his. They’ve given me a rental and will have an appraiser out to the yard tomorrow. I suppose I’ll hear their offer pretty quick.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

As to fault, the police report shows that I’m not at fault and the driver was cited for reckless driving and failure to maintain control of his vehicle (and identified as at fault). He further admitted to having “one beer” before driving and falling asleep in his statement to the state trooper. The troopers ran him through a field sobriety test, which he passed.

This is the first accident like this I’ve ever been in, so this’ll all be new. My hope is to simply come out even and get a replacement asap without taking any hit on my own wallet.

So far I reported it to my insurance, then filed a claim with his. They’ve given me a rental and will have an appraiser out to the yard tomorrow. I suppose I’ll hear their offer pretty quick.
Gupton is a dealership, and tread lightly gets you 1% below invoice but you have to pay $100 for a membership and wait 30 days before it will take effect on the discount.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gupton-motors-up-to-8-below-invoice.34440/

Quite a long read for the whole thread, but Gupton motors is one of a handful of dealers that do bulk orders with Jeep so have a larger allotment then most. They also offer some great quotes of 6-8% below invoice.

Obviously this is on a new build, but as long as you fight for market value as your payout, then you may be able to swing it. Be sure to look at advertised prices and take some screen shots of similar Jeeps. Also, include replacement costs for anything you added when you talk with the insurance.
Sponsored