Sponsored

Ace Engineering Bed Extender, quality stuff!

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
So I got a little tired of my stuff “traveling” around the bed of the truck so I picked up an Ace Engineering bed extender. Very nice quality but I have to say, I hate doing large nutserts! 😁 I also added the gladiator lettering from Hauk Offroad (designed for the tail gate but fit perfectly on the extender). It was totally unnecessary to add the lettering but I like how it turned out.

2EE90531-8DEB-4AFD-8B83-43F14FD81554.jpeg
Sponsored

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
So I got a little tired of my stuff “traveling” around the bed of the truck so I picked up an Ace Engineering bed extender. Very nice quality but I have to say, I hate doing large nutserts! 😁 I also added the gladiator lettering from Hauk Offroad (designed for the tail gate but fit perfectly on the extender). It was totally unnecessary to add the lettering but I like how it turned out.

2EE90531-8DEB-4AFD-8B83-43F14FD81554.jpeg
Looks great! Nice touch with the letters.
How was the drilling and nutserts? Nail biter?

OP
OP
Eazye

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
Looks great! Nice touch with the letters.
How was the drilling and nutserts? Nail biter?
I’ve done them before and I have a real nutsert tool so it was a lot less stressful. It’s easy to set it in place and to get it marked, but drilling took a lot of bits sizes stepping up in size. If I could find a step bit that went to 33/64s it would have been a lot easier. I did get inside a dimple on the drivers side but the nutsert set right with the spray in liner. Of it was my first time doing nutserts of using the supplied tool, I would have been pissed. I did it during my lunch break from work so not bad at all.
Sponsored