First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Service Manager
For those who have installed these sliders, do the bolts need to come all the way out or can they just be loosened and slide in? I see horror stories about issues with the bolts. Thanks.
Sponsored

Jeffjk

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Co4x4RnR.org
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 3.5” lift on 37” Nittos
Occupation
Software & Systems Engineering
You need to take each of the body mount bolts all the way out and add some new locktite before putting the bolt thru the holes in the mounts for the sliders. I used jack stands to hold the slider up to make it easier to maneuver. I had no issues, some bolts were a little more difficult to break but it wasn’t bad with a ratchet and impact. I was expecting worse from the horror stories I saw regarding the capture nuts. Just take it slow.

I bought one of the mini induction heaters for the motor mount bolts to install a belly skid. It’s very effective for blue and red locktite, rusted bolts, paintless dent removal, etc…if you want to play it safe and save some effort this is a nice flameless option. It only takes a few seconds to get a bolt hot - wear gloves.

Mini Induction Heating Machine 110V 1000W 10 Coil Kits Auto Use Bolt Removal Tool PDR Car Garage Repairing Flameless Handhled Electromagnetic Induction Heater https://a.co/d/cURF0bK

There are plenty of other options lower and higher in price but this seemed to fit my use case, budget, and had decent reviews. It’s been working fine after a couple dozen uses.

Best of luck, I still really like these sliders after having them over 2 years. They’ve taken some good hits and hold up well…a rattle can of rust reformer cleans them up nicely after being dragged on the rocks.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Gladiatorrick77

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Service Manager
You need to take each of the body mount bolts all the way out and add some new locktite before putting the bolt thru the holes in the mounts for the sliders. I used jack stands to hold the slider up to make it easier to maneuver. I had no issues, some bolts were a little more difficult to break but it wasn’t bad with a ratchet and impact. I was expecting worse from the horror stories I saw regarding the capture nuts. Just take it slow.

I bought one of the mini induction heaters for the motor mount bolts to install a belly skid. It’s very effective for blue and red locktite, rusted bolts, paintless dent removal, etc…if you want to play it safe and save some effort this is a nice flameless option. It only takes a few seconds to get a bolt hot - wear gloves.

Mini Induction Heating Machine 110V 1000W 10 Coil Kits Auto Use Bolt Removal Tool PDR Car Garage Repairing Flameless Handhled Electromagnetic Induction Heater https://a.co/d/cURF0bK

There are plenty of other options lower and higher in price but this seemed to fit my use case, budget, and had decent reviews. It’s been working fine after a couple dozen uses.

Best of luck, I still really like these sliders after having them over 2 years. They’ve taken some good hits and hold up well…a rattle can of rust reformer cleans them up nicely after being dragged on the rocks.
Appreciate the response. Thank you.

2terpsjeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Sahara & 2021 JT Mojave

Same, really like mine as well, I bought an electric ratchet to take them out. Go slow! I was afraid of using an impact and breaking something.
Sponsored