John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I tried installing the sliders tonight. The front bolt came out but the middle bolt came out almost all the way, then just spins. It sounds like the nut is spinning around up there. After 2 tried, I just tightened everything back up and torqued them. Jeeps retarded design of covering these shitty nuts with the JEEP instead of us having access to them is ridiculous. Whatever engineer that designed this should be shot. I know this has gone easy for some but I also read that someone had to cut a hole up top to get a bolt to go back on. Has anyone experienced this? I could turn the bolt with my fingers and I did put pull down while turning. I just don't want to end up having to drive somewhere with body mounts loose or missing bolts. Or, does anyone want to buy some brand new never installed ace rock sliders?
Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Put some down pressure on the bolt, it is hanging up in the rubber body mount.

I used a ball joint separater (pickle fork) behind the washer and put some down pressure on them and they came on out.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Put some down pressure on the bolt
This. If you were able to tighten it back up without issue i would doubt the nut is the problem. There is a retainer clip that keeps the bolt in there and it will just spin.

Ace Engineering has a video on installing them and talks about the middle bolt specifically around the 1:14 mark:

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I pulled out one of the retainers when pulling down on a bolt. I wish I could have pulled out more as restarting a bolt back through them can sometimes be tough. I think I noticed that on front mount it has a thick spacer that can be removed so as to let you get closer to that retainer with needle nose so as to be able to yank it out.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I had the same problem. I used a breaker bar to loose the bolt but then every time I turned it it made this weird cracking sound. I was kinda freaked out about. Envisioning. A loose nut up under the body and not being able to get a box wrench on it to tighten it back. This happened on the middle and back bolts driver’s side. The other side seemed to loosen up just fine. In the end since it has to go into the dealer I am just gonna have them install it.

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
If they didn't use the rubber body mounts everyone would B%$%H about the ride quality. Go ahead and remove all your rubber body mounts and bolt it directly to the frame.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
What is that horrible creaking sound that comes when I back out the bolts?

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
What is that horrible creaking sound that comes when I back out the bolts?
So I got nervous about it and since the truck had to go into the dealer. I put the rails in the back. Now the dealer calls me and says the back left bolt won’t find the nut inside the body Wtf better them than me. What a pita
Sponsored