ACT Gladiator Clutch/Promass flywheel installed

Birds83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave & 1997 Jeep TJ
Picked mine up today. I have to say... just wow.

I did a little test at the bottom of my (steep) driveway. I stopped at the bottom of the driveway and put it in reverse, let go of the clutch, no gas. The engine bogged for a second then the jeep climbed right up.

That same operation would have required some finagling between the skinny pedal and the clutch with the oe equipment and even then I (driving manual transmissions since I was 16) would regular stall out the gladiator.

It's even more impressive that the ACT was able to do that from a complete stop with the vehicle starting on an incline instead of flat.

I can't say I have any complaints yet (just got it back today) but if I had to make comments (minor) Id say that the engagement location in the pedal felt weird at first (like too close to the floor) But that seemed to not be as much of an issue (if at all) by the end of the day, either it was just cause the parts are new and breaking in or I just got used to it.

Also now when I push the clutch , the clutch definitely pushes back lol. It almost feels like someone added a spring to push the pedal back up when you depress it.

Overall I only drove the vehicle maybe 3 hours today but so far I have to say 10 out of 10 would do again.

@ACTman the owner of the jeep shop that did the work commented on the quality of the kit. He said "you picked out a real quality kit". The mechanics also said they watched your YouTube install video a few times before cracking it open and commented that it made the process a lot easier.
Been a few months and hopefully few thousand miles now. Can we get a review (before I buy one 😬)

Thisguyuknow

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon, 1986 CJ-7 Laredo
Occupation
ARMY
Been a few months and hopefully few thousand miles now. Can we get a review (before I buy one 😬)
So far, I still enjoy the performance of the setup over stock. It definitely behaves alot better that the oe.

My only issues is that I am having are

1. developed a whining sound from the clutch when I take off. I am not sure if it's the throw out bearing or maybe just the weights in the clutch. So far it has not seemed to affect performance just an annoying noise when taking off but I am worried maybe the throw out bearing may be prematurely wearing or was installed incorrectly somehow from the shop.

2. The other is that occasionally if I start the vehicle with the shifter in gear and the clutch depressed, the shifter will get stuck in that gear and I'll have to either drive to unbind it or put a lot of force to pull it to neutral... it's a really weird issue and I think it is maybe an error the shop made aligning everything in the reinstall.

Other than that I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'll post back if any those issues become worse

Birds83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far, I still enjoy the performance of the setup over stock. It definitely behaves alot better that the oe.

My only issues is that I am having are

1. developed a whining sound from the clutch when I take off. I am not sure if it's the throw out bearing or maybe just the weights in the clutch. So far it has not seemed to affect performance just an annoying noise when taking off but I am worried maybe the throw out bearing may be prematurely wearing or was installed incorrectly somehow from the shop.

2. The other is that occasionally if I start the vehicle with the shifter in gear and the clutch depressed, the shifter will get stuck in that gear and I'll have to either drive to unbind it or put a lot of force to pull it to neutral... it's a really weird issue and I think it is maybe an error the shop made aligning everything in the reinstall.

Other than that I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'll post back if any those issues become worse
Curious have you had the clutch recall done prior to the ACT mainly curious about the software update?

Birds83

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah they had already done the software recall on mine
Thanks for the heads up.
mine keeps setting this damn service transmission light (did this once prior to new clutch to) just wanted to rule that out.
Sponsored