Active safety group and ACC options

BigEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I'm waiting for the diesel before I order my Gladiator and out of the current options that are available for a rubicon ACC is the only one Im unsure of (also gets you the active safety group that I would not otherwise order on its own). I've ACC in other vehicle's and really like it but is it implemented in a way where the sensors are protected from trail damage and how are there any known compatibility issues with future mods (bumpers with hoops blocking sensors, snorkel/light bar position imitations)
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting for the diesel before I order my Gladiator and out of the current options that are available for a rubicon ACC is the only one Im unsure of (also gets you the active safety group that I would not otherwise order on its own). I've ACC in other vehicle's and really like it but is it implemented in a way where the sensors are protected from trail damage and how are there any known compatibility issues with future mods (bumpers with hoops blocking sensors, snorkel/light bar position imitations)
None of that will be affected by bumpers and such. The sensor is right in the center of the windshield, up high. Only thing you would have to watch would be a windshield sticker that blocked it. I have it on mine, and it was a godsend when we took a 2600 mile road trip earlier this year.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The ACC is a must have if you do a lot of highway driving. It also comes with the FCW, but that can be turned off if you don't like it.

OP
OP

BigEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
None of that will be affected by bumpers and such. The sensor is right in the center of the windshield, up high. Only thing you would have to watch would be a windshield sticker that blocked it. I have it on mine, and it was a godsend when we took a 2600 mile road trip earlier this year.
That's great I'm used to the garbage systems on the Audi's that roll into the shop (works great when it works but a sensitive complex system that's expensive to repair)

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a aftermarket bumper with lights mounted on the push bar and it does not affect it at all. Nothing you do offroad will affect the system unless you smash the windshield into something but you are going to have many other thing to deal with if that happens.
Acc is worth it in my opinion. It makes stop & go traffic stress free.
Sponsored