Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had it on my last two jeeps and would not own a vehicle without it. No issue with it on either vehicle.
Agreed. My wife’s car has it as well, but with assist. I hate when it tries to steer me into construction cones. :) I prefer the simple setup on the Jeep.
Sponsored

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
My Jeep never goes on the highway, only around town. But evidently it comes standard on this one I ordered so I guess I am paying for it and getting it either way, lol. I kinda wish they wouldve made the park sense standard instead but oh well.

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
Agreed. My wife’s car has it as well, but with assist. I hate when it tries to steer me into construction cones. :) I prefer the simple setup on the Jeep.
Mine is finicky. One time it beeped at me like the world was going to end when I was in the left lane and a car in the right lane was making a right turn. It slammed on the brakes once for no reason(also beeping like the world was going to end). It correctly beeps at me when backing into a parking spot and an object is getting close, but has been silent when I actually needed it and almost caused me to get into an accident. Sometimes it will beep when I'm reversing out of a spot and a car is passing, other times it won't.

I can remember my hyundai with the feature and it was solid. Never had issues with it. It also had steering assist though and I hated that.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is finicky. One time it beeped at me like the world was going to end when I was in the left lane and a car in the right lane was making a right turn. It slammed on the brakes once for no reason(also beeping like the world was going to end). It correctly beeps at me when backing into a parking spot and an object is getting close, but has been silent when I actually needed it and almost caused me to get into an accident. Sometimes it will beep when I'm reversing out of a spot and a car is passing, other times it won't.

I can remember my hyundai with the feature and it was solid. Never had issues with it. It also had steering assist though and I hated that.
It sounds like it needs to be calibrated. There’s a procedure to do it. I’m on my 4th windshield and the glass place does it for me. Perfect every time. I’d find a local non-franchise glass place and ask them. At least for the front.

mumbo

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
True, it needs to be recalibrated and insurance treats it as a collision not a windshield replacement so you get charged for your deductible.
My insurance covered OEM window replacement and recalibration for $100 deductible.
Sponsored