Sponsored

Admit it. Now that you own a JT, JKU's aren't necessary!

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
We own a JKU and a JT. We travel more with the JT, wheel more with the JT, take the dogs in the JT, take the friends and family in the JT, tow a boat, ATVs, and the camper with the JT, and haul junk with the JT. Hell, we go camping in this thing. And when we do travel, we tend to bring more stuff back cause we have more room to bring stuff back.

Not saying one is better than the other, it's pretty much a matter of choice and for us, more options.

And as far as which one wheels better? Psshhh, I can wheel a dam toyota corolla if I had to!
Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The only thing they have that I wish we had is the power operated roof. I realize it give nearly as big of an opening on the Gladiator. I do wish there were more removable panels on the hard top though. If I could remove the back part of the roof too, that would be awesome. Or the back section instead would work too.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
those With a bed cab shell on the gladiator will have more room than the those w the room behind the JK.
Yes, there are other options. Heck, I could buy a full-blown, over-cab camper. But if you're going to consider those options, you may as well consider similar options for the JK. Like pulling out the rear seat and building in a galley and drawer setup. Or a full-blown over-cab camper. To be clear: My answers are my opinion from my experience based on my budget and my usage. YMMV. I will state unequivocally, however: The JK is a better overlanding rig than the JT. For me. And I do a lot of overlanding. And occasionally need a pickup truck. Like right now, as I have the JT loaded up to move some Jeep parts (axle, wheels, etc) to a friend in Montana this week.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
The only thing they have that I wish we had is the power operated roof. I realize it give nearly as big of an opening on the Gladiator.
I predict after a few years of the current Gladiator configuration, there will be one with the "club cab" and 6' bed, same wheelbase. And an option just might be the power roof.

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing they have that I wish we had is the power operated roof. I realize it give nearly as big of an opening on the Gladiator. I do wish there were more removable panels on the hard top though. If I could remove the back part of the roof too, that would be awesome. Or the back section instead would work too.
Didn't think about that. 4 panels and a separate rear piece would have been cool.

Sponsored

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I would love a power rear window. If I'm going to take the panels out and roll the windows down, I want the back window open too. But I'm usually in a hurry and forget, and definitely forget to close it later on.

And I legit thought the back section came off before I went for a test drive. Would definitely be cool, and would make it easy for just about anyone to remove the roof by themselves. I would definitely pay for an aftermarket hardtop that configured this way.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I would love a power rear window. If I'm going to take the panels out and roll the windows down, I want the back window open too. But I'm usually in a hurry and forget, and definitely forget to close it later on.

And I legit thought the back section came off before I went for a test drive. Would definitely be cool, and would make it easy for just about anyone to remove the roof by themselves. I would definitely pay for an aftermarket hardtop that configured this way.
Power rear window would have been amazing. On the soft top getting that damn rear window in is my biggest time waster. And really having to store it too.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I predict after a few years of the current Gladiator configuration, there will be one with the "club cab" and 6' bed, same wheelbase. And an option just might be the power roof.

I WOULD purchase a Club Cab with 6 ft. bed in a Gladiator or Bronco, sadly I don't think it will happen (hope I'm wrong). The 4-door pickup with useless bed length is here to stay, you see fewer and fewer Club Cab and regular cab new pickups now.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
They look as funny to me now as the JT when it rolled out.
You know its true!
The 2 door is still king though.
True that. I can't imagine myself every buying a four door or two door jeep again, unless it is the old body style for a project jeep- scrambler or pre 2001 jeep

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I WOULD purchase a Club Cab with 6 ft. bed in a Gladiator or Bronco, sadly I don't think it will happen (hope I'm wrong). The 4-door pickup with useless bed length is here to stay, you see fewer and fewer Club Cab and regular cab new pickups now.
True, but they are not Jeeps. I see that Jeep enthusiasts are willing (eager) to buy different configurations. How many 2-door short wheelbase Wrangler-type vehicles do you see?

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
And this means?
It's a joke, man...pickin' up on some angry tone....please do relax.

The meaning is that in 16 years, as hard as I tried, I got my YJ stuck once. I wheeled it everywhere and thru everything--from San Diego to Minneapolis, down to Jax, FL and over every kind of terrain. Snow, mud, sand, water and mud again...didnt matter. I'd put the spurs to that YJ and it would go wherever I pointed it.

Just like my last rental car.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
It's a joke, man...pickin' up on some angry tone....please do relax.

The meaning is that in 16 years, as hard as I tried, I got my YJ stuck once. I wheeled it everywhere and thru everything--from San Diego to Minneapolis, down to Jax, FL and over every kind of terrain. Snow, mud, sand, water and mud again...didnt matter. I'd put the spurs to that YJ and it would go wherever I pointed it.

Just like my last rental car.
A buddy and I took an Equinox places I wouldn’t take my Jeep. Im picking up what you’re putting down haha

It had a solid e-brake too haha
Sponsored