AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Mine showed up today and get mounted tomorrow. When I asked the guy at AEV exactly what color Onyx is, I was told black. But...as I see above and what I got today, it isn’t. Not sure yet what I think. I‘ll have to form an opinion after they’re mounted tomorrow. My Jeep is Granite Crystal Metallic which is a little darker than these. Maybe the rash guards will help.

007F9D89-9E4F-487C-8C22-3AA5A4B732CB.jpeg
I had a Granite crystal JL that had onyx AEV Borahs mounted on it and I thought it looked great together. This should be no different. Looking forward to some pics of them mounted and to hear your thoughts.
Sponsored

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Mine showed up today and get mounted tomorrow. When I asked the guy at AEV exactly what color Onyx is, I was told black. But...as I see above and what I got today, it isn’t. Not sure yet what I think. I‘ll have to form an opinion after they’re mounted tomorrow. My Jeep is Granite Crystal Metallic which is a little darker than these. Maybe the rash guards will help.

007F9D89-9E4F-487C-8C22-3AA5A4B732CB.jpeg
Post pics when you get them mounted!

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I had a Granite crystal JL that had onyx AEV Borahs mounted on it and I thought it looked great together. This should be no different. Looking forward to some pics of them mounted and to hear your thoughts.
Post pics when you get them mounted!
Absolutely, will do. Should be nice Sunday and I’ll get some pics without the silver rash guards and I’ll post more after the guards show up Monday.

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Absolutely, will do. Should be nice Sunday and I’ll get some pics without the silver rash guards and I’ll post more after the guards show up Monday.
Did you get the silver rings? My Granite Crystal Diesel Rubicon and onyx AEV Borah wheels with silver rash guards will both be in next week. I picked the onyx color because it should be close to the granite color.

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Did you get the silver rings? My Granite Crystal Diesel Rubicon and onyx AEV Borah wheels with silver rash guards will both be in next week. I picked the onyx color because it should be close to the granite color.
The only and granite match well There’s a pic of one in the thread I’ll post mine also Monday

Sponsored

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Here they are without rash guards. Those should be here Monday. Tire is a BFG K02 315/70-17. I think they look great as is but the silver ring will set it off well.

These are the JT specific spacing and my Rubicon has no lift currently.

Jeep Gladiator AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator? 0E9C3543-68BD-438A-B0A9-B5597C53BE96

Jeep Gladiator AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator? A93C0FA4-FA0F-4EF7-B1FE-FF89B05FC3F0

I seriously hope it rains today to knock some of this pollen down.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLUR, S5
Looks good. Do you plan to keep the rash rings silver? if so, I think it will look great, but if you plan to go with a color I’d think about changing the lugs to black. That’s Just my opinion though.

I originally went back and forth with galaxy and onyx but decided I wanted something a little different than black wheels.

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I’ll probably keep them silver. Not sure what I think about lug nut color for now.

BilletRUBI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Here they are without rash guards. Those should be here Monday. Tire is a BFG K02 315/70-17. I think they look great as is but the silver ring will set it off well.

These are the JT specific spacing and my Rubicon has no lift currently.

Jeep Gladiator AEV Borah Wheels on your Gladiator? A93C0FA4-FA0F-4EF7-B1FE-FF89B05FC3F0
Looks great! The silver rings will definitely set it off! Can’t wait to get mine next week...

Sponsored

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
Hows everyone balancing their tires, bags or lead weights?
just put mine on with bags and so far not impressed

midcont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Here’s a quick cell phone pic.
905DFE87-110A-42B9-8AB1-D3BECCD95BED.jpeg

7C361F52-EA8D-4E5C-A323-026ABD2E1076.jpeg
Looks great. I have the same wheels sitting boxed waiting for my black Mojave to show up. Will go with the same type and size rubber too. Are you happy with it? What did you do about the spare? I'm thinking about doing the ring in orange but will probably wait awhile.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Designer