• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Virginia AEV Dual Sport 2.5” Diesel Springs

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m selling my AEV Dual Sport springs. These are the 2.5 versions for the EcoDiesel. Designed for over landing rigs, the actual lift is closer to other companies 3-3.5 lift. I’ve replaced mine with the 3” high capacity springs.
These are in good condition with a little surface rust. They should last the life of the truck. I’ll take some pics when I get a chance, but they’re springs. I’d rather not ship these. I’m in Virginia Beach.

$300 obro.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Is yours a Rubicon? Love to see pics. How much weight were or do you carry regularly?

OP
OP
Wolf Island Diver

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yeah, mine is a Rubicon. This is what it looks like with the 2.5s and most of the gear

TLDR Version: when overlanding, I easily carry 1000+ lbs of gear consistently.

Jeep Gladiator AEV Dual Sport 2.5” Diesel Springs 169A3B70-615B-419A-A677-C7FD7C6A1E96

Jeep Gladiator AEV Dual Sport 2.5” Diesel Springs 42852C20-3851-4DFE-BEEB-FEA3AFC71959

This looks a little saggy in the rear but that’s an illusion because of the front flair design and the angle of the photo. It’s basically level when fully loaded with all my crap.

With all my gear, the rake is gone. It looks fine but it feels a little soft. I’d say it’s still better than stock That softness probably helped off road, but I wanted more preload for when I’m traveling with all my gear. It’s hard to say how much weight I’m carrying but it’s easily 1000+ pounds.

I’ve got a Diamond HD cover ~ 100+ lbs
Front Runner Slimline II ~ 75lbs
OVS Awning and bracket ~ 75lbs
Waterport Weekender ~ 91lbs
2 Nato water cans ~ 90lbs
ARB classic 2 full ~ 100lbs
2 Roam 95l cases plus mounts ~ 75lbs (empty)
I also have a OVS shower awning, but it’s weight it negligible.

That’s 606 lbs.

Just driving around, I’ve always got 350lbs on it unless I take off the awning, boxes and Front Runner.

My recovery bag takes up 1/5 of the bed, and includes a massive factor 55 snatch rope, hard snatch blocks, donut pulleys, multiple straps, etc. That’s easily 75lbs.

I’ve also got a 15lb Powertank and 10lb propane tank. Combined that’s easily another 50lbs of gear.

My Gazelle tent weighs 56lbs

Then I’m carrying a 52l Roam case for food,
Cook Partner stove, griddle, bush toilet, awning walls, Ooni pizza oven, folding solar panels, Kelty sofa, Yeti chairs, folding tables, discata plus burner. The roam boxes are full of camping gear, bedding, etc.

In the cab, 2 people, a dog, clothes and a full compliment of tools. My tool roll probably weights 75lbs by itself.

I’m not sure what all that adds up to but it’s easily beyond the rated load capacity of the truck. Probably over 1200lbs with passengers. However, GVWR goes out the window, within limits, when you modify the suspension. Maybe not for legal purposes, but for practical ones. Jeep specs the diesel with extremely light springs, that can’t handle the unloaded truck imho, let alone its 900lb payload capacity. The 2.5 springs bring you back to better than stock performance when fully loaded. The next limiting factor are the brakes and engine cooling. But this truck is designed to tow and stop a 6000lb trailer.

With all my gear, I’ve noticed zero change to brake performance, engine cooling (even in the mountains in 90° weather) or MPGs. I get about 23-24 combined.

The new 3 inch springs noticeably brought the rake back to the truck when partially loaded. It’s 1.5 inches higher in the back. The front is an additional .75 inches tall. So the truck now effectively has a 4 inch lift. With loaded ROAM boxes, the awning, etc., but the fridge, water and gear inside the bed removed, which is still easily 500lbs, the truck feels a bit “springy.” I wouldn’t run the 3 inch springs without some constant load. It would be harsh and bouncy. I’m actually considering reservoir shocks now. The 3 inch springs are the same length as the 2.5, but massively heavier and thicker. They’re taller by virtue solely of being heavier springs. They’re not designed to provide additional lift and only due so as a result of additional preload. I do think the truck looks a little better with the “3” inch springs.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Still available? I'm local.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Great meeting you today and talking about your setup and what works, pros/cons, and their benefits. Looking fwd to building out the rest of my lift.

OP
OP
Wolf Island Diver

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Great meeting you today and talking about your setup and what works, pros/cons, and their benefits. Looking fwd to building out the rest of my lift.
Nice meeting you too! Good luck on the build. Nothing beats getting it built out the way you want it and knowing it was done right because you did it yourself. Keep me posted on how it goes.