• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Idaho AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
I did get it. It provided about 3” of lift. That’s just a guess as I didn’t measure but its performance is outstanding! The ride was improved. Before the springs up front couldn’t handle the unsprung weight of 37” tires and would bottom out pretty adult as others have mention. Now I never have that problem. I loaded about 400lbs of gear, two people and a 100lb dog and put 7,000 miles on it cross country, on and off road. I will say in Michigan on sand and such it didn’t handle sand the best and the washboard two tracks where a bit riff but that’s to be expected on a stiff overland set up. But in the mountains and rocky areas like Wyoming and Montana it was perfect. My travel increased significantly. Maybe not as much as some of the more rock crawler specific lifts but for an overlander it’s perfect. I push my truck to limits too. I went with an icon track bar to help center things out and that was easy to adjust.
Thanks for the update. What trim level do you have? Wondering if the 3" gain was on a heavy Rubicon, or a "lighter" trim.

I have a Rubicon with 35's and can bottom out the fronts. Wasnt wanting to go to 37s, so 3" of lift might make my 35's look small-ish.

Your experience is consistent with my AEV 2.5 lift I have on my JK. Overall great performance, and able to handle loads easily, but harsh on the washboards. I've heard on other forum threads that the Bilsteins might be a little stiff, and lead to the harshness on the washboards. Heard a guy did adjustable Rancho shocks as a replacement with his AEV lift, and was able to dial in his ride better to suit him. Hard to believe Ranchos would out perform Bilsteins.

But everything else on my AEV on the JK has been doing great for 90k miles.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
Thanks for the update. What trim level do you have? Wondering if the 3" gain was on a heavy Rubicon, or a "lighter" trim.

I have a Rubicon with 35's and can bottom out the fronts. Wasnt wanting to go to 37s, so 3" of lift might make my 35's look small-ish.

Your experience is consistent with my AEV 2.5 lift I have on my JK. Overall great performance, and able to handle loads easily, but harsh on the washboards. I've heard on other forum threads that the Bilsteins might be a little stiff, and lead to the harshness on the washboards. Heard a guy did adjustable Rancho shocks as a replacement with his AEV lift, and was able to dial in his ride better to suit him. Hard to believe Ranchos would out perform Bilsteins.

But everything else on my AEV on the JK has been doing great for 90k miles.
That’s good to know about the shocks. For me I don’t spend enough time on washboards and have a go fast camper being put on and it’s a Rubicon trim. I think 35” would look pretty small on the lift but it would still look good in my opinion. For me I like the Bilstiens. Here is a shot on 37”

D81A83FD-DAD5-4E85-AE04-A268852ABAE8.jpeg

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JKU and 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Investments
That’s good to know about the shocks. For me I don’t spend enough time on washboards and have a go fast camper being put on and it’s a Rubicon trim. I think 35” would look pretty small on the lift but it would still look good in my opinion. For me I like the Bilstiens. Here is a shot on 37”

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift D81A83FD-DAD5-4E85-AE04-A268852ABAE8
Just got the coils in for my aev 2.5 today, and will be getting everything installed next week hopefully. Was actually considering the Borah/37in tire combo as well so pretty identical setup on my JTRD.

Any other pics you might be able to share from different angles? Trying to gauge what the rake will look like.

Thanks!

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
Just got the coils in for my aev 2.5 today, and will be getting everything installed next week hopefully. Was actually considering the Borah/37in tire combo as well so pretty identical setup on my JTRD.

Any other pics you might be able to share from different angles? Trying to gauge what the rake will look like.

Thanks!
Got a Go Fast Camper being installed tomorrow. Hoping those overlanding springs do good work with it installed.

04CA5659-4714-4E09-91F9-C252B339BB7B.jpeg

A33D41AE-A5B3-4229-AB92-DB64B25AD672.jpeg

B0973CB8-7642-4051-B2E3-F93BE7AB64A3.jpeg

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investments
Got a Go Fast Camper being installed tomorrow. Hoping those overlanding springs do good work with it installed.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift B0973CB8-7642-4051-B2E3-F93BE7AB64A3

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift B0973CB8-7642-4051-B2E3-F93BE7AB64A3

Love the setup!

I have a hardshell FSR tent with a bedrock, but I definitely see the value of going with a GFC type setup to keep stuff dry and locked up.

Where are you located in Oregon? I used to live in La Pine and recently moved from Portland to the WA side of the river lol
Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift IMG_20210717_150259_953

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT

Thanks!
Love the setup!

I have a hardshell FSR tent with a bedrock, but I definitely see the value of going with a GFC type setup to keep stuff dry and locked up.

Where are you located in Oregon? I used to live in La Pine and recently moved from Portland to the WA side of the river lol
Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift IMG_20210717_150259_953
That’s a sweet set up! Yeah I like to be able to lock stuff up in the back and the gfc is pretty light. I actually just moved across the river too! I’m in Carson now. Where ya at? I’m always looking for someone to go grit the trails with if you’d like.

WAJTRD

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Investments
That’s a sweet set up! Yeah I like to be able to lock stuff up in the back and the gfc is pretty light. I actually just moved across the river too! I’m in Carson now. Where ya at? I’m always looking for someone to go grit the trails with if you’d like.
Super small world haha I live out by Dougan falls towards the very end of Washougal River Rd. Definitely gonna have to link up and run some trails man, we go out to Stevenson/Carson almost weekly

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
Following the thread, and really anxious for real-world feedback on a JT diesel install. Many threads on this forum waiting for a diesel specific lift, due to softness of stock springs, even Mopar diesel specific lift softness. Would like to see if AEV has solved the diesel spring rates. I checked the AEV site, under the 2.5 JT Dualsport, and they let you select engine type as Diesel, but they are out of stock.

I too have an AEV dualsport on my JK, for about 90,000 driven miles, plus about 30,000 RV-towed miles. It does very well from street to Moab. Only complaint is it is a bit harsh on washboard roads. That might be the shocks. I have had to replace the Bilstein shocks after about 60,000 driven / 25,000 towed miles. Overall pretty good.
Finally got the AEV 2.5 and 37s on my JTRD today. Much better on road so far. Will get to play a bit this weekend. First impression:. much improved. Installed with the SteerSmarts Yeti adjustable front track bar and AEV steering stabilizer.

The Method 703s with the +25 really fit like a glove!

PXL_20211102_233549460.jpg

PXL_20211103_000129433.jpg

PXL_20211103_013544665.NIGHT.jpg

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Thanks for the pics. Ive also got the Smart Cap and Sting-Gray, so gives me a feel for what my rig would look like. 37s look nice with it... Ive been wanting to stay with 35s. Afraid they'd look small on a 2.5 lift.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Finally got the AEV 2.5 and 37s on my JTRD today. Much better on road so far. Will get to play a bit this weekend. First impression:. much improved. Installed with the SteerSmarts Yeti adjustable front track bar and AEV steering stabilizer.

The Method 703s with the +25 really fit like a glove!

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift PXL_20211103_013544665.NIGHT

Good to know that Method 702s are +25. 'Till now the only +25's I've seen are from AEV

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
Good to know that Method 702s are +25. 'Till now the only +25's I've seen are from AEV
Agreed. The 703s come in both 0 and +25. Not sure about some of their other wheels. Liked the idea of the bead grip too.