• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Idaho AEV 2.5 Dual Sport Diesel Lift

JT Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Telecom
Following this thread. Placed a order for this lift but it’ll be a few weeks before it arrives and before I can install it.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
I have it for my gasser. Good solid kit. Does great offroading. But just like the Mopar you need to buy an adjustable front track bar. And it’s closer to a 3” than it is a 2.5”. For the gasser anyway.
I’ve been curious to the articulation compared to stock on these lifts. Have you tests out the flex much?

GladiatorAdventureBound

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
I’ve been curious to the articulation compared to stock on these lifts. Have you tests out the flex much?
I have. No complaints at all. Had better in Moab but unfortunately no pics. Had two people comment on how flexy it was getting on the radio.

795C5B1D-BB53-4C6D-A859-56E9ABB7B922.jpeg

193A9CB1-79DD-4E7C-8AC6-59BCC0CC5181.jpeg

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
I have it for my gasser. Good solid kit. Does great offroading. But just like the Mopar you need to buy an adjustable front track bar. And it’s closer to a 3” than it is a 2.5”. For the gasser anyway.
Why is the adjustable front track bar needed for the AEV kit? In the product description AEV says "Due to this suspension system’s lower lift height, there is no need to swap out any of the OE track bars, control arms or steering components".

Trying to figure out what I'm missing.

GladiatorAdventureBound

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Why is the adjustable front track bar needed for the AEV kit? In the product description AEV says "Due to this suspension system’s lower lift height, there is no need to swap out any of the OE track bars, control arms or steering components".

Trying to figure out what I'm missing.
No idea. Same reason why the Mopar one doesn’t either, but it needs it too. Mine shifted to the drivers side a noticeable amount.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Following the thread, and really anxious for real-world feedback on a JT diesel install. Many threads on this forum waiting for a diesel specific lift, due to softness of stock springs, even Mopar diesel specific lift softness. Would like to see if AEV has solved the diesel spring rates. I checked the AEV site, under the 2.5 JT Dualsport, and they let you select engine type as Diesel, but they are out of stock.

I too have an AEV dualsport on my JK, for about 90,000 driven miles, plus about 30,000 RV-towed miles. It does very well from street to Moab. Only complaint is it is a bit harsh on washboard roads. That might be the shocks. I have had to replace the Bilstein shocks after about 60,000 driven / 25,000 towed miles. Overall pretty good.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
So received my JTR AEV lift yesterday and they sent me all the parts for a JL. Pretty bummed about this. Ordered it through Rubitrux.

Armylemons

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, VW Atlas
Occupation
Army
So received my JTR AEV lift yesterday and they sent me all the parts for a JL. Pretty bummed about this. Ordered it through Rubitrux.
Damn, did you order online or on the phone? My diesel kit should be here tomorrow from rubitrux and they double checked the kit while I was on the phone

Timgco

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
No idea. Same reason why the Mopar one doesn’t either, but it needs it too. Mine shifted to the drivers side a noticeable amount.
I have the AEV lift on my 21’ JLUR. No track bar needed.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
Damn, did you order online or on the phone? My diesel kit should be here tomorrow from rubitrux and they double checked the kit while I was on the phone
No I did not. I ordered online. They were good about it today when I called though. They had two kits to go out and they switched senders but are overnighting the right one today.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
@bwildoutside , Did you ever get the correct springs and get your lift installed? If so, anxious to see how much lift it provided, and how its performing for you.

bwildoutside

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 eco diesel JT
@bwildoutside , Did you ever get the correct springs and get your lift installed? If so, anxious to see how much lift it provided, and how its performing for you.
I did get it. It provided about 3” of lift. That’s just a guess as I didn’t measure but its performance is outstanding! The ride was improved. Before the springs up front couldn’t handle the unsprung weight of 37” tires and would bottom out pretty adult as others have mention. Now I never have that problem. I loaded about 400lbs of gear, two people and a 100lb dog and put 7,000 miles on it cross country, on and off road. I will say in Michigan on sand and such it didn’t handle sand the best and the washboard two tracks where a bit riff but that’s to be expected on a stiff overland set up. But in the mountains and rocky areas like Wyoming and Montana it was perfect. My travel increased significantly. Maybe not as much as some of the more rock crawler specific lifts but for an overlander it’s perfect. I push my truck to limits too. I went with an icon track bar to help center things out and that was easy to adjust.