Sponsored

AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it?

Lambo77

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator rubicon, 2022 JLU Sahara
Good afternoon, I ordered an AEV dual sport rt 2.5" lift and synergy front track bar for my 2023 JTR. Currently has the 1.5" teraflex and .75" daystar in the rear with 37" ko2 on 17’s.

Was wondering if anyone had a long term review with the 3" HD springs? How much lift did you get and did you ever run them unloaded? I may eventually move to the 3" springs and 39" ko2, being in Canada I like having something winter rated.

would love to see some pics

Jeep Gladiator AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it? IMG_1260
Sponsored

Last edited:

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE-Billet, 21 F150 Tremor, 98 Jeep XJ, 68 Bronco
I had them on for a few weeks and just didn't care for them with my setup. AEV makes a great product, the HD springs just didn't fit my use case. When unloaded it was just too much rake for me to stay with them since I usually only have a 100 lbs in the bed. Adding a load on the hitch helped- about 400 lbs brought it down.

Jeep Gladiator AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it? 1000001072

OP
OP
Lambo77

Lambo77

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator rubicon, 2022 JLU Sahara
I had them on for a few weeks and just didn't care for them with my setup. AEV makes a great product, the HD springs just didn't fit my use case. When unloaded it was just too much rake for me to stay with them since I usually only have a 100 lbs in the bed. Adding a load on the hitch helped- about 400 lbs brought it down.

Jeep Gladiator AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it? 1000001072
Thank you very much for the feed back, that’s kinda what I thought would happen as I’m unloaded 80% of the time. Guess you could add a 1 to 1.5 inch front spacer but then be into control arms and front driveshaft among other things.
May I ask what you switched them out too?

Tango270

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Computer Systems Technician
I've had it for over a year now and love it, but it's definitely intended for heavy bed loads. Even with 1k lbs or so on the rear, I still have rake. The few times I've ran it empty it's enough to be annoying.
PXL_20240303_185856472.jpg

Sponsored

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much for the feed back, that’s kinda what I thought would happen as I’m unloaded 80% of the time. Guess you could add a 1 to 1.5 inch front spacer but then be into control arms and front driveshaft among other things.
May I ask what you switched them out too?
Running Clayton's 3.5 HD rear springs and Clayton diesel 3.5s up front but I have a 3.6; I just have some extra weight. That pic I posted above is with a 1 inch Teraflex spacer if I remember correctly.

Primer Gray

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Industrial Designer
KrashEd,

I’m currently running the AEV HC springs and am about to switch out to the Clayton 3.5 HD rear and Diesel 3.5 front.

How diffident are they from the AEV? Lift height the same in front and back? Rake any different? Do the rear HD springs carry as much load as the AEV HC springs?

are you happy with the switch?

thanks.

KrashEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KrashEd,

I’m currently running the AEV HC springs and am about to switch out to the Clayton 3.5 HD rear and Diesel 3.5 front.

How diffident are they from the AEV? Lift height the same in front and back? Rake any different? Do the rear HD springs carry as much load as the AEV HC springs?

are you happy with the switch?

thanks.

The AEVs were good springs, tho I am 100% happy with the switch. In either case, I was/I am oversprung, but the Jeep seemed to ride a little better with AEV. I run adjustable shocks, so I can dial things in to suit whatever it is I am doing (on road, off road, towing) and that helps a lot.

The Clayton springs put me in the next zip code for Fox 2.5s though, I am running the shocks for 4.5-6 inch lifts.

The pic below is with a 1 inch spacer on top of the AEV springs

Jeep Gladiator AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it? 20230930_105444

Jeep Gladiator AEV dual sport RT 3" HD spring lift, do you love it? 20230930_173144

Primer Gray

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Would you say the AEV rear springs were more resistant to sagging with a heavy load?
Sponsored