joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
Hey everyone,
I put the AEV DualSport suspension lift on my truck. I love it. The truck rides so smooth. Does anyone know if you can add a leveling kit to it? It seems to sit a little low in the front.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I wouldn’t, the kit is engineered for the that amount of lift, the front is the most critical, if you wanted to level it I would lower the rear with your stock springs and a Daystar .75” spacer.

OP
OP
joemussari

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
I wouldn’t, the kit is engineered for the that amount of lift, the front is the most critical, if you wanted to level it I would lower the rear with your stock springs and a Daystar .75” spacer.
That was kind of my thought. Once i took my rack and tent off of the back i really noticed it.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
It won’t hurt one little bit adding a 3/4” spacer in the front.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
I have the AEV 2.5” DualSport suspension kit on the way and am in the same spot as OP. Would prefer it sit at least a little closer to level without compromising too much what the kit is engineered to do.

I have stock non steel bumpers and plan to keep it that way. Won’t be loading the bed with much gear very often and only an occasional moderate tow.

Will I be alright with a 3/4” Daystar spacer up front? Better to leave stock springs in the rear? Or go with the AEV kit as is and live with the rake?

Sponsored

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
AEV kits are designed around a full load out. The front isn’t low, the back is high in preparation for the weight of the expedition gear you’re going to break the bank on going back there. 😂

MCATDT

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
AEV kits are designed around a full load out. The front isn’t low, the back is high in preparation for the weight of the expedition gear you’re going to break the bank on going back there. 😂
Exactly...The AEV is designed to maintain the rake. Once you load it down or tow anything significant you will see the value in this lift beyond the amazing ride. I just can't stand the look of a truck whose rear end is sagging and nose is in the air while using it as a truck. I did not want to be that guy :)

IzzyO

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Exactly...The AEV is designed to maintain the rake. Once you load it down or tow anything significant you will see the value in this lift beyond the amazing ride. I just can't stand the look of a truck whose rear end is sagging and nose is in the air while using it as a truck. I did not want to be that guy :)
For what it's worth I installed the AEV dualsport lift with 3" high capacity springs. I have a full height bedrack, a full size iKamper, and maybe another 1.5-2k lbs in overlanding gear. Even fully loaded up I still have the rake. I also have pulled a trailer that is around 9,000 lbs while my JT was completely loaded with overlanding gear and I still have the rake. I'm not sure what the capacity of the springs are, but nothing I have put on it so far has made a dent. I wish that I had put in a 1" spacer up front while I had everything pulled apart because at this point I don't think it would have made any difference with the HC springs.
Sponsored