Sponsored

AEV JK wheels on sale. Will they work?

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was poking around on Quadratec and saw that AEV Bora wheels for the JK , normally about $315 without rings, are on sale for $205 each.

The specs all look fine for a Gladiator.

I understand that obviously 16" wheels for the JK won't clear the Gladiator's brakes. But what would be the problem here?

Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanks.
Sponsored

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
If they are the same center bore and the lug nut recesses are the same as the AEV jk Salta’s they will fit fine. Many of us bought the JK Saltas when they were on close out and I can confirm they fit just fine.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I have run both JK savegres and now JK saltas. They fit just fine. But check the poke as far as your liking. A JK offset with a 315 is going to poke a bit. I'm running a 285 width and think it's perfect. Just something to consider as far as your personal preference

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys.

Do they require splined lugs??

I have a thing against splined lugs. Possibly irrational.

I know the JL/JT ones use factory lugs.

(I got stuck once with a flat because I had splined lugs and couldn't find the tool, so I called AAA. After waiting an hour for the guy to show, he didn't have a splined tool either. Ended up going with the driver to an advanced autocrats a mile away and I bought a spline tool. Ha. )

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I would make sure the offset and backspacing will work with your lift or your future plans with the JT...To get to a 4.5" backspace I think a 1.25" spacer would be needed.

Sponsored

Not2Late

First Name
Tarik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2017 Jeep JK
Occupation
Education
I was poking around on Quadratec and saw that AEV Bora wheels for the JK , normally about $315 without rings, are on sale for $205 each.

The specs all look fine for a Gladiator.

I understand that obviously 16" wheels for the JK won't clear the Gladiator's brakes. But what would be the problem here?

Any and all advice is welcomed. Thanks.
For my Mojave, I purchased the gladiator specific Borah Wheels. More expensive. I believe the "gladiator specific" part is an offset of +25mm since some gladiator axles are wider, so this keeps them tucked in a little more.

The only difference I see on the JK Borah wheels for sale is a +4mm (more aggressive) offset. So I would think there would be more poke if you mounted them up on a gladiator - depending on whether you have the wider axles that come with Mojave, Rubicon, and max tow option on sport. Think maybe High Altitude have them as well. But as far as bolt pattern and such, they should mount right up.

I am running Lt 315s wildpeaks with no issues/rubbing with the +25mm offset Borahs

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT Sport S
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Thanks guys.

Do they require splined lugs??

I have a thing against splined lugs. Possibly irrational.

I know the JL/JT ones use factory lugs.

(I got stuck once with a flat because I had splined lugs and couldn't find the tool, so I called AAA. After waiting an hour for the guy to show, he didn't have a splined tool either. Ended up going with the driver to an advanced autocrats a mile away and I bought a spline tool. Ha. )
Factory lugs WILL (barely) fit, and you have to use a standard (non-impact) socket. BUT tire shops sometimes only have fat impact sockets and those will not fit. So just something to keep in mind

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
I have an Overland with the narrow axles, so when I purchased my AEV Borahs I purposely chose the JK version because of the offset. They fit just fine.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an Overland with the narrow axles, so when I purchased my AEV Borahs I purposely chose the JK version because of the offset. They fit just fine.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. You wanted them to stick out a bit more than the JL/JT versions.

Right??

CivilJeep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Diesel, 2022 4XE
Occupation
Engineer
Please correct me if I'm wrong. You wanted them to stick out a bit more than the JL/JT versions.

Right??
Right! Apologies for not being clear.

The JK rim offset with narrow axles has about the same "poke" as the JT rim offset on a truck with the wider axles (Rubicon, HA, etc).

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.
Sponsored