Sponsored

AEV turn key gladiator?

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
31A6FC02-0F0D-497E-9780-DDFFD7035D5E.jpeg
Don’t really remember exactly where I found the picture. Just found it somewhere and posted it to show how someone else could easily use the same bolt points to make different side steps. Oh and by the way Jeep/Mopar is supposed to also have some rear bumper side steps, although no one has ever seen them. This was listed on a show sign of a Gladiator that was supposed to be equipped with these side rear bumper steps even though that Gladiator clearly didn’t have them on the truck shown. Once I have seen them then I just may get them provided the price of the truck is reasonable.
Im confused.... it says "rear bumper step extension".... where does it say "SIDE step"??
Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
7FCA04ED-CBCA-47E7-855B-6B8DF48FB0B5.jpeg

Further to my above post I found a good picture of the rear rock rails showing the bolts that are used to mount them to a Gladiator. As mentioned I believe most aftermarket companies will use these same bolt points to attach a rear bumper step in the same place. Piece of cake easy.
Ive looked at that and wondered more than once if...
(1) can those corner rock rails be bought and just bolt right onto a sport/Sport S
(2) I also wonder how long it would take for a company like AEV to come up with a similar corner rock rail for the back of the truck bed that might be a little wider to stick out a few extra inches (or maybe line up with the outside of the flares) and have a flatter top that could work as a step to get into the bed as well... HMMM.... AEV, are you looking for suggestions???

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Im confused.... it says "rear bumper step extension".... where does it say "SIDE step"??
It’s a good question. Just my best guess since we have never seen them. Would have to be in the rear corner (far ends of the rear bumper) or to the side, right where the rear rock rails are. Best thing would be if Jeep could just make the current rear rock rails stick out a tad further and make them a tad wider so you could step on them.

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
It would be good even if #1 & #2.

For my build, there would be good reason to have that back thing look more like bumper and the side rails function as side steps.

It could very well be two different accents...

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 Formerly 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
Anybody gonna take the plunge and order one when available? My fiancé would def leave me, but if I won the lotto I’d be all over it. I’d imagine it’ll be the same bumpers that were debuted for the JL.
AEV has been making "Gladiators" for many years. It's called a "Brute"

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ

Sponsored

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Just Google "Wrangler Brute"
Sorry it’s hard to read my sarcasm I see that now lol. The brute is 90k the gladiator is 45kish. The brute can be dreamed about, and the gladiator can be bought by everybody now.

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
I’ll contemplating getting rid of my AEV Brute and getting a Gladiator. If I do, it’s likely gonna be from AEV.

AF344ED3-FAD4-4FAF-9D35-758797B9491B.jpeg
Why would you want to part with that?? It’s beautiful!

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Why would you want to part with that?? It’s beautiful!
They’re pretty, but if you want a soft top, aftermarket pickup accessories from anyone not called AEV, or the ability to take 4 adults plus luggage somewhere without blowing past your payload capacity, you’ve got the wrong truck. Seriously - 880lb total payload? In a freaking PICKUP?

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
AEV does live Q&As once on month on Facebook/instagram. They are pretty good with responding to questions and taking input.

I’ve mentioned about the trail cam and rear bumper to fit export rear foglights and they sound like they will be incorporating those things. As well as I advised then that due to the Gladiator length people would like larger lift. The first time I asked they said they are going to stick to 2.5” because it fits 37” after when I mentioned the length they said they will be doing a talker lift. So it never hurts to ask them and ask them a few times. They listen to their customers if it makes financial sense. If there are parts you want or questions ask in that

Ive looked at that and wondered more than once if...
(1) can those corner rock rails be bought and just bolt right onto a sport/Sport S
(2) I also wonder how long it would take for a company like AEV to come up with a similar corner rock rail for the back of the truck bed that might be a little wider to stick out a few extra inches (or maybe line up with the outside of the flares) and have a flatter top that could work as a step to get into the bed as well... HMMM.... AEV, are you looking for suggestions???
Sponsored