Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Ok my scorcher arrived today. I also have their intake and intercooler pipes en route. Planning to put it on ASAP, sadly I’m laid up on the couch (day 4) with a badly sprained ankle.
Sponsored

Cory P

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2020 Corvette
Occupation
Contractor
Any updates on this?

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Good morning all,
Quick update. I had to send the scorcher unit back to AFE, as it would not power up once installed. I don’t know if it was damaged in shipping or a bad unit. They have already sent a replacement on their dime. So I’ll be looking forward to that one going smoother. On a side note I did install their blade runner intercooler pipes. I can hear my turbo now and they claim 5hp and 10tq at the rear wheels with em. I’d never feel that so I won’t BS y’all, but my impression after install is...I would put them on my Jeep again. The install was VERY tight (need lube tight-seriously), but fairly straightforward. I’ll let you know when the new scorcher unit and the momentum CAI arrive.

Sponsored

bigjmain

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Tech
Good morning all,
Quick update. I had to send the scorcher unit back to AFE, as it would not power up once installed. I don’t know if it was damaged in shipping or a bad unit. They have already sent a replacement on their dime. So I’ll be looking forward to that one going smoother. On a side note I did install their blade runner intercooler pipes. I can hear my turbo now and they claim 5hp and 10tq at the rear wheels with em. I’d never feel that so I won’t BS y’all, but my impression after install is...I would put them on my Jeep again. The install was VERY tight (need lube tight-seriously), but fairly straightforward. I’ll let you know when the new scorcher unit and the momentum CAI arrive.
How does the turbo sound? Huge difference?

Ptevo03

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 cj7,ton axles,360,40's, 18 JL,37's, diesel JT s
Occupation
Refrigeration Services manager
Thanks for the update I'm very interested in the scorcher review!

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Hey all, the tuner is finally and successfully installed. I’m still in a post op right foot cast which made install and test driving a pain in the ass. I’ll do more as soon as I can walk. Here’s what I got- I did a test run before and after install down the same 45 mph backroad by my house. 27.9mpg before install, 29.9 after install(race mode). The torque gain is noticeable but not as much as I thought. There is still lag before the turbo spools up, but it’s a harder hit when it does. The install is straight forward but it is in a confined space, 45 degree tools are your friend here. I’m am very pleased thus far, and I would recommend it to a fellow jeeper. I will get pics when I can but I’m done standing on crutches for the day and I’m going to elevate my broke ass foot.

Last edited:

M390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Ecodiesel
Patiently waiting for more feedback on this little unit 🧐
Hope the foot is healing nicely.

Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Hey all, the tuner is finally and successfully installed. I’m still in a post op right foot cast which made install and test driving a pain in the ass. I’ll do more as soon as I can walk. Here’s what I got- I did a test run before and after install down the same 45 mph backroad by my house. 27.9mpg before install, 29.9 after install(race mode). The torque gain is noticeable but not as much as I thought. There is still lag before the turbo spools up, but it’s a harder hit when it does. The install is straight forward but it is in a confined space, 45 degree tools are your friend here. I’m am very pleased thus far, and I would recommend it to a fellow jeeper. I will get pics when I can but I’m done standing on crutches for the day and I’m going to elevate my broke ass foot.
How’s the foot? How’s the gladiator?

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
How’s the foot? How’s the gladiator?
Sorry guys, foot still sucks, but I’m hoping to be outta the boot by the 20th. Now to what we care about… the tuner has worker great on every level with 0 issues. Per AFE the Sport + or a conservatively driven Race mode are the most fuel efficient settings, drubbing nicely In both modes I have seen a 2.12 mpg increase running 50 cetane fuel. The power- comes on much harder than factory… still at the same rpm when the turbo really hits. I’ve played around with driving it and every time I put my foot in it I’m happiest with the purchase. There are option through the Bluetooth app too increase the max tune by up to an additional 20% throughout the rpm range. I’m not touching that yet. I also haven’t towed anything yet but I’ll report on that and how the unit is doing with more miles on it soon as I’m a fully functioning human again. If anyone has any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Here’s a slight uphill pull on “most fun” mode

Attachments

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Why does the Jeep version increase power so much less than the Ram version?

OP
OP
Deola

Deola

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKURHR
Why does the Jeep version increase power so much less than the Ram version?
I’ll ask my AFE rep in the morning but I assume it’s the same positioning downfall the 3.0 lost other factory power numbers for. We pay the price of a skinny 30” water forder
Sponsored