First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Sales
I find that to be very intimidating. Because you don't just have to get it back together. You have to get it back together RIGHT. No wrinkles or sags. Its got to be aesthetically pleasing.
I may give it a whirl. I watched a video online and it seemed straight forward, the guy used zip ties to put on new seat covers as opposed to the hog clips
Sponsored

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Holy crap man. I was thinking about putting a set of covercraft seat covers in back for the kids/dog .

I'll just attach the heaters to the covers. You are a freaking genius.
Path of least resistance haha. Ive got the Smittybilt ones, Im thinking ill mock it up and put a few safety pins in to mark where I want the heating element, then remove the seat cover from the seat and stitch the element in, and reinstall.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Which heated seat did you go with and did you run into any difficulty installing them under the seat covers?
They are the ones linked by the OP.. I installed them between the factory upholstery & the aftermarket seat covers.. So no, no issues at all.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I too am planning to do this soon, but i dont have aftermarket covers, so ill probably tackle the hog ring and cloth seat.

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘11 Subaru Legacy GT, ‘22 Subaru Forester Touring
Few month old thread, but I added a heated seat kit to my old 2004 TJ Unlimited a few years ago. I pulled off the factory upholstery and hog ringed it back together like factory. Added the switches to a flat spot on the dash and was good to go.

I would not hesitate to do that again. I think new seat upholstery would be a little easier to work with than 6 year old that I had (at the time).
Sponsored