Aftermarket LED taillights

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I saw where you can get a set of Mopar OEM LED tail lights for $515. I’m very tempted to just get them
Me too at this point. I'm really bummed and surprised that Oracle doesn't have a set in the works already
Sponsored

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 30519

I tinted mine with a vinyl kit from eBay but it left red ring around the lights. It looks ok but I'd rather it be all black. Any suggestions?

received_954225551693839.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
I messaged the company on Alibaba to find out how much shipping would be. They updated the item yesterday to include shipping, so the total shipped is $206.80. I prefer red lenses on tail lights so guess I won't be ordering. They look pretty good though if you like the blacked out look.

Jeeprad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Are these plug and play? I mean no harness to change? I know you will to use a tazer etc to change rear to led.

BrooksC

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow
Are these plug and play? I mean no harness to change? I know you will to use a tazer etc to change rear to led.
I talked to the company in China via Alibaba, but the translating was pretty rough so not sure if they would answer that question. The photos show resistors attached, so at least theoretically they would be plug and play. Hard to say until someone orders them and tries them out. I asked them if they're making them with red lenses in addition to smoked. We'll see if they reply. If they were red I would take the plunge for $200.

LED tail.JPG

Jeeprad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I think these are same ones on eBay:
Smoked LED JT

Agree that if they were not smoked, I may try them. Smoked may not be too bad either. I am thinking that taillights need to be red by DOT, but not sure if anyone cares about that in these days.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I think these are same ones on eBay:
Smoked LED JT

Agree that if they were not smoked, I may try them. Smoked may not be too bad either. I am thinking that taillights need to be red by DOT, but not sure if anyone cares about that in these days.
They just have to glow red when on and when you hit the brakes. Those will be red in both cases. Smoked look is not illegal
Sponsored