First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales
I have a Gladiator Sport with a 5 inch radio, not a big fan does anyone know any good radio replacement options. Thanks.
Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I have a Gladiator Sport with a 5 inch radio, not a big fan does anyone know any good radio replacement options. Thanks.
Check out the brand "stinger". I stumbled across them on Amazon while looking for other JT stuff. I noticed they had a really nice looking 10" massive screen setup for JKs.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
There aren't many. The Alpine restyle (mega bucks), Insane Audio (very expensive Android unit), and I did see 1 chinese android unit on ebay (had 1 in a JK, and it was okay although a bit flaky at times).
Only ones I know of

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Check out the brand "stinger". I stumbled across them on Amazon while looking for other JT stuff. I noticed they had a really nice looking 10" massive screen setup for JKs.
I looked at those & this one line on the product pages scare me "Not waterproof. Not liquid/element resistant." I like it topless way too much for that.

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
I looked at those & this one line on the product pages scare me "Not waterproof. Not liquid/element resistant." I like it topless way too much for that.
Ah, yeah that's no good if you plan on getting a little wet. Maybe patience is needed here then. There are just not a whole lot of aftermarket items that are JT proprietary. But since the dash is the same as the JL, I'm very surprised there are not more. I guess there isn't a huge market for big screen radios since the auto makers are putting them in now. Is it possible to get your hands on the Mopar 8.4" radio? It's probably more expensive than it needs to be if Mopar sells it. But I would imagine a very small chance that someone ripped out their 8.4" radio to do something else and is selling it.

Sponsored

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker

If I was coming from the five inch. model, I would buy the
Kenwood Excelon DMX706S

from Crutchfield.

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
If I was coming from the five inch. model, I would buy the
Kenwood Excelon DMX706S

from Crutchfield.

Along with the:

iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module

to keep the controls....

Even purchasing both, you have a great unit and a nice pricepoint

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Along with the:

iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module

to keep the controls....

Even purchasing both, you have a great unit and a nice pricepoint

and.....this one:
iDatalink HRN-RR-CH3 Factory Integration Adapter

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Android radio, 10" screen. Teyes brand, but there's several manufacturers selling kits on aliexpress. Make sure you get the rear camera adapter from teyes if you go this route. Had it 8 months and it's been good; way less buggy than the factory 5 inch.

IMG_20200108_110839.jpg

Sponsored

Sallaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Im planning on replacing the stereo also.. i found this in the jl site. Im trying to decide between the alpine ilx-w650, the kenwood 7706s and the pioneer dmh-w4660nex. The head unit has to be shallow depth... You also have to buy adapters for everything so buying the head unit is cheap and easy part

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-sound-system.56000/

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
Android radio, 10" screen. Teyes brand, but there's several manufacturers selling kits on aliexpress. Make sure you get the rear camera adapter from teyes if you go this route. Had it 8 months and it's been good; way less buggy than the factory 5 inch.

Jeep Gladiator AFTERMARKET RADIO OPTIONS? IMG_20200108_110839
All in what's that going to cost me?

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Seicane android. I have the 10.1" in the JKU and they also make a unit for the JL/JT. It has more options than the 8.4" that's in my JT. Reasonably priced and works great.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to get your hands on the Mopar 8.4" radio? It's probably more expensive than it needs to be if Mopar sells it. But I would imagine a very small chance that someone ripped out their 8.4" radio to do something else and is selling it.

Yes its possible. Infotainment.com sells them at about 1600 & you can fins many of the mopar parts sites selling it for 1000-1200. I have seen a couple of them used in the 500 range, but they are rare. You also have to get one for the JT & Not JL due to the backup cameras.

If you really wanna go all out though this one is the top that fits https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/jeep-wrangler-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-x409-wra-jl This is what I want, but probably never going to do it. Its still missing wireless carplay.
Sponsored