Sponsored

Aftermarket Soft top?

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Here's to add another dot to your data charts... A soft top that folds all the way back down to the bed!

Here are my reasons in no particular order:
  • - "man buns" are ugly
  • - The height when opened is prohibitive
    • Jeep won't fit through standard 7' garage door when opened (If Jeep is running 35" tires and 2" lift)
    • That extra height when opened is trouble on some trails. Hits low hanging branches, trees, off camber turns, etc
    • Noisy and catches so much wind while at highway speed (I'm worried my seams will tear)

Last edited:

RubiCrusHehr

First Name
Miville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Black JTRD
Occupation
Retired
I saw that SUNTOP is coming with what we want !!! Simple design and also available in TAN !!!

182985044_10159540217317272_6721796200058986115_n.jpg

182666289_10159540217302272_432105457527444755_n.jpg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Here's to add another dot to your data charts... A soft top that folds all the way back down to the bed!

Here are my reasons in no particular order:
  • - "man buns" are ugly
  • - The hight when opened is prohibitive
    • Jeep won't fit through standard 7' garage door when opened (If Jeep is running 35" tires and 2" lift)
    • That extra hight when opened is trouble on some trails. Hits low hanging branches, trees, off camber turns, etc
    • Noisy and catches so much wind while at highway speed (I'm worried my seams will tear)
Soo much wind. and not that it matters because it is a jeep, but MPG does go down because of how much of a wind sail the soft top is.

Sponsored

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw that SUNTOP is coming with what we want !!! Simple design and also available in TAN !!!

182985044_10159540217317272_6721796200058986115_n.jpg

182666289_10159540217302272_432105457527444755_n.jpg
Hmmm... not so sure about that bundle up in front? Looks like there would be a lot of wind noise and bug splatter. I would certainly have to see one in person. Looks very promising though!

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soo much wind. and not that it matters because it is a jeep, but MPG does go down because of how much of a wind sail the soft top is.
Right... top is off, it'll be windy regardless. But it's a significant difference between having that man bun up there and just taking it all off. I've resorted to taking the four bolts out and pulling the whole soft top assembly off most the time. But now i'm getting very close to the time it takes to just take the dang hard top off.

RubiCrusHehr

First Name
Miville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hmmm... not so sure about that bundle up in front? Looks like there would be a lot of wind noise and bug splatter. I would certainly have to see one in person. Looks very promising though!
YOU CAN TAKE IT OFF WITH JUST 2 HEADER SCREWS APPARENTLY

Sponsored

RubiCrusHehr

First Name
Miville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I can take the manbun off with 4? I dont see how this is better...
roll it and throw it in the bed, takes a lot less space, around here even if you take the top off you have to have it with you !!! Rain anytime

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
If besttop doesn't get the job done this is going on my Jeep in tan

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Right... top is off, it'll be windy regardless. But it's a significant difference between having that man bun up there and just taking it all off. I've resorted to taking the four bolts out and pulling the whole soft top assembly off most the time. But now i'm getting very close to the time it takes to just take the dang hard top off.
Yep that man bun makes noticeable drag and noise for sure. Especially at 70mph. I get enough pop up storms here that I leave the back window out and the soft top in man bun mode and put it in safari mode every time I park. Saved my ass so many times from rain and bird poop, even with the doors off stops just about everything. I just can't get myself to leave home with the soft top off all the way anymore, plus the time it takes to put it off and on even with the thumb screws is kind of a pain.

The bestop safari top looks cool, but there are still no videos out on how easy it is to roll back/remove or anything. it just has its rendered photo. I feel like this may be the best of both worlds but really need to see its functionality.

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep that man bun makes noticeable drag and noise for sure. Especially at 70mph. I get enough pop up storms here that I leave the back window out and the soft top in man bun mode and put it in safari mode every time I park. Saved my ass so many times from rain and bird poop, even with the doors off stops just about everything. I just can't get myself to leave home with the soft top off all the way anymore, plus the time it takes to put it off and on even with the thumb screws is kind of a pain.

The bestop safari top looks cool, but there are still no videos out on how easy it is to roll back/remove or anything. it just has its rendered photo. I feel like this may be the best of both worlds but really need to see its functionality.
My Ryobi cordless ratchet with torx socket makes quick work of those 4 bolts. But, like you, I don't typically go too far totally topless. MN weather can be hit or miss as well.

OP
OP
Gren71

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
can we all agree to stop calling it a "man bun" those two words dont belong together...no self-respecting man has that. And if they do they're probably a decepticon..so not something I want associated with my truck.
Sponsored