Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Hey @pixeldecals do you have really small Jeep logos? I want to put something right on the little cover of this key fob.
A Jeep logo, or a Jeep grille.

I can get you exact measurements if that’s a thing you could do.

Thanks!
Sponsored

bmilleker

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Received my AJT foib yesterday and made the swap. Very straight forward, with a couple tries to get the battery in their properly. Definitely watch the video instructions to see how to get it on.

Color matched to my firecracker JT :D. Initial impressions, it feels less quality, but I don’t think it is. Its just lighter than the stock FOB, which gives the impression of less quality to me. But, there is no flex to the material and it feels very sturdy. For the price, I would 100% buy again.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190709200020890_COVER.jpg

OP
OP
Tortooga Custom Works

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Received my AJT foib yesterday and made the swap. Very straight forward, with a couple tries to get the battery in their properly. Definitely watch the video instructions to see how to get it on.

Color matched to my firecracker JT :D. Initial impressions, it feels less quality, but I don’t think it is. Its just lighter than the stock FOB, which gives the impression of less quality to me. But, there is no flex to the material and it feels very sturdy. For the price, I would 100% buy again.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190709200020890_COVER.jpg
Looks great. Awesome picture. Great bokeh.

Do you have a link for that little clip?

bmilleker

First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Looks great. Awesome picture. Great bokeh.

Do you have a link for that little clip?
Thank you :). It had just rained, and it was the first time comparing the fob color to the JT. Opportunity presented itself .

The clip is a brass clip from Home Depot. I bought it 4 or so years ago. You should be able to find something similiar at any hardware store. It was around $4.00. Can't beat the price.

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest thing that bothered me was the key popping out all the time. I started out using rubber bands but they never lasted very long before they broke. So I duct taped it and so fare it seems to be holding up. Charcoal lighter fluid works good on tape glue without damaging plastic.

P1010001.JPG

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest thing that bothered me was the key popping out all the time. I started out using rubber bands but they never lasted very long before they broke. So I duct taped it and so fare it seems to be holding up. Charcoal lighter fluid works good on tape glue without damaging plastic.

P1010001.JPG
I used a rubber band for a while. The silicone cases that fit around the FOB took care of the problem with the key popping out on its own, for me. I have to be able to use the key to unlock the gas cap and the receiver lock.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Can you provide any info on the locking gas cap and receiver lock?
The receiver lock is a Bolt 7032290. It is around $30 and keys to the factory FOB on first use.

The gas cap is a Mopar 82215184. It is around $60 and includes the cylinder and pieces needed to key it to the factory FOB. It also includes the hanging strap.

Mopar sells another locking gas cap that is around $20. It is pre-keyed and includes a separate key in the package.

I found both on Amazon. Mopar list price for the gas cap is something like $105.

Sponsored

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The receiver lock is a Bolt 7032290. It is around $30 and keys to the factory FOB on first use.

The gas cap is a Mopar 82215184. It is around $60 and includes the cylinder and pieces needed to key it to the factory FOB. It also includes the hanging strap.

Mopar sells another locking gas cap that is around $20. It is pre-keyed and includes a separate key in the package.

I found both on Amazon. Mopar list price for the gas cap is something like $105.
I think I paid 35 for mine, dam.

MACulberson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 2018 Dodge Challenge Hellcat, 2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Now you show me this after I have already pulled out my Dremel and ground down the release button. I got tired of the key stabbing me in my leg through my pocket.

Bob502000

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now you show me this after I have already pulled out my Dremel and ground down the release button. I got tired of the key stabbing me in my leg through my pocket.
If the duct tape doesn't last, ill give it a try.

h4281776

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etubeandwire.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Gladiator Rubicon
Just thought I'd add what the white looks like. I just wonder if the white will turn black from greasy hands. Either way I love this thing so far.

IMG_0684.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.