Sponsored

Alien Sunshade, Spider webshade, or other?

Which Shade?

• Total voters

MPFit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 1500
Got mine also; went out yesterday and was lucky enough to find the only rain cell in Pinellas county lol. Either way, it fits great, no sound at 65mph (except the seat belts) and provides shade. I’m very happy
Sponsored

Whitepanther

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Are there any sunshades that are easily taken off and put back on? I feel like I wouldn't want to be fully committed to always having the sunshade and would sometimes want the completely open experience

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Last edited:

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
The Alien has worked well for me since I wanted it 2 piece and was ok with having whatever amount of gap there ended up being (if anything would give a little extra air flow).

Mine installed pretty flush though and put the airflow to a reasonable level with the top back.

The bungee balls I view as functional (fitting for a Jeep) and not really too noticeable anyways.

EDIT: major senior moment but I have ShadeIdea not Alien. Overall recommend for reasons mentioned.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JeepTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bright White Willys.
2 piece alien. Simple to install and filters about 90% sun. Still get a nice breeze and im able to install hardtop/ freedom panels with no issues.

SpirituallyBuff

First Name
Jaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Scion xB
Occupation
Pastor
Jeep Gladiator Alien Sunshade, Spider webshade, or other? BBDEADFC-8FD2-4937-9A3D-22396BD5F1E8
got these on Amazon for $100 because i wanted purple…

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Got this in Amazon. Called Shadeidea. Can't beat the price at $100 and don't have to mess with the front windshield at all. They have a bunch of colors in 1 piece or 2 pieces. I went with the 2 piece. Been on for about 6 weeks, no complaints

Screenshot_20220717-040746_Chrome.jpg

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Spider on my JKU, wife ordered the Alien for my birthday right before I took off the hardtop! Spider might be better, Alien works just fine, it shades like its supposed to!

Wait its like @Fishee said Shadeidea it works!

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
I have the spider, and it works great! I’ve used it with both the freedom panels and now the Bestop sunrider.

I did have to drop the windshield to install it, but in doing so, I found out how easy it is to drop the windshield to facilitate other mods, like running additional wiring.

I have a Molle panel that runs between the windshield and the behind-the-head roll bar with auxiliary power and my GMRS radio is mounted above the Molle, below the Alien shade. As I said, it works great and it keeps those of us with pasty British complexions relatively protected while we enjoy the open top.
Sponsored