Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
We do offer a steel skid plate for the bottom surface because they are aluminum. But what makes you think they dent easily? You cant imagine the damage that has occured to our steel bumpers during shipping! Even our steel Signature Sliders have arrived with dents in the main tube due to shipping.
Ok,
My guess is that if they were dropped before being packaged, shipper dropped them or whatever made the dents, it wouldn't hold up very well on a Jeep weighing 4700lbs being slammed into rocks while wheeling.

But I like the concept of rails with the added removable step.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lod Offroad

Lod Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Ok,
My guess is that if they were dropped before being packaged, shipper dropped them or whatever made the dents, it wouldn't hold up very well on a Jeep weighing 4700lbs being slammed into rocks while wheeling.

But I like the concept of rails with the added removable step.
Yeah they were not designed to be bouncing around off the rocks like that, but they will hold up well to light to moderate hits, especially with the steel skid plate installed.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered from Quadratic... Backordered...ugh. the wait is killing me!

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

Sponsored

krweatherl

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Occupation
Heavy Haul Truck Driver
Last edited:

Mstrofpuppets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
These are at the top of my list for sliders for my JT. How low do they hang down? Any ground clearance issues? Has anyone had them off-road yet and scraped them on rocks? I don't need heavy steel sliders but would like them to be able to take moderate trails. Thanks!
Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! JT 2022

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
These are at the top of my list for sliders for my JT. How low do they hang down? Any ground clearance issues? Has anyone had them off-road yet and scraped them on rocks? I don't need heavy steel sliders but would like them to be able to take moderate trails. Thanks!

They don't hang down very far, very similar to the LoD Destroyer series steel sliders.

Check out this video for a closer look:

Wayne, the guy who won our Sting Gray Giveaway Gladiator in the video has used and abused that rig pretty good, taking it on quite a few trips over this past year. For the most part, the Armor-Lite sliders held up real well. They took quite a beating going across the Rubicon trail and there was some damage. Most of it to the steel skid plate and the plastic step inserts. Aluminum sliders holding up to the Rubicon trail, that was pretty impressive.

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! armor-lite-bent

He's coming into our Silverdale, WA shop next month to get a gearing change. While he is here, we're going to swap out the Armor-Lite sliders for the LoD Destroyer steel sliders.

The cool thing is the frame brackets are the same between the two slider kits, so it'll just be a matter of taking off the Armor-Lite sliders and bolting up the Destroyer sliders to the frame brackets.

Mstrofpuppets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Nice! Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the weight difference between the Armor Lite and Destroyer series? Trying to keep the weight down on this build 😆.

They don't hang down very far, very similar to the LoD Destroyer series steel sliders.

Wayne, the guy who won our Sting Gray Giveaway Gladiator in the video has used and abused that rig pretty good, taking it on quite a few trips over this past year. For the most part, the Armor-Lite sliders held up real well. They took quite a beating going across the Rubicon trail and there was some damage. Most of it to the steel skid plate and the plastic step inserts. Aluminum sliders holding up to the Rubicon trail, that was pretty impressive.

Jeep Gladiator **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! armor-lite-bent

He's coming into our Silverdale, WA shop next month to get a gearing change. While he is here, we're going to swap out the Armor-Lite sliders for the LoD Destroyer steel sliders.

The cool thing is the frame brackets are the same between the two slider kits, so it'll just be a matter of taking off the Armor-Lite sliders and bolting up the Destroyer sliders to the frame brackets.

Sponsored

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Seller of badassery
Nice! Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the weight difference between the Armor Lite and Destroyer series? Trying to keep the weight down on this build 😆.
Weight one moment, I'll look it up....

Shipping weight for the Armor-Lite + Skid plate is 84lbs.
Shipping weight for the Destroyer series is 137lbs.

So about a 53lb. difference (give or take on the differences in packaging). That's within 7lbs of the shipping weight of a Warn EVO 10-S winch (60 lbs.).

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX

👋

I'm looking forward to the gearing. 4.56 (all that was available when they built the Gladiator last winter) is fine on flats but just painful in the mountain passes. It will be nice to be able to keep up to my wife and her 5.13 geared JL !!

To be honest, those sliders held up really well. I'd definitely recommend them for folks that are looking for something light but functional and aren't into rock crawling !

We don't abuse our Jeeps but neither do we baby them. I've run trails all over the PWN with the Gladiator and it wasn't until we ran the Rubicon that it took any significant hits. Loaded down with the RTT, camping gear and supplies, it was running lower than usual and I missed the optimal line and dropped it harder than expected.

Swapped out the springs for AEV's HD ones but not sure I like how high it rides unloaded... And so the tinkering continues !

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
They sure stick down and out a long ways. Thats clearance you cant afford on a gladiator. Pure jeep had a great set for the jk. The best in my opinion . Indestructible. Zero clearance loss .

Mstrofpuppets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Weight one moment, I'll look it up....

Shipping weight for the Armor-Lite + Skid plate is 84lbs.
Shipping weight for the Destroyer series is 137lbs.

So about a 53lb. difference (give or take on the differences in packaging). That's within 7lbs of the shipping weight of a Warn EVO 10-S winch (60 lbs.).

Thanks for the info NR4x4. I'll be placing an order after Christmas with you guys.

Mstrofpuppets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
👋

I'm looking forward to the gearing. 4.56 (all that was available when they built the Gladiator last winter) is fine on flats but just painful in the mountain passes. It will be nice to be able to keep up to my wife and her 5.13 geared JL !!

To be honest, those sliders held up really well. I'd definitely recommend them for folks that are looking for something light but functional and aren't into rock crawling !

We don't abuse our Jeeps but neither do we baby them. I've run trails all over the PWN with the Gladiator and it wasn't until we ran the Rubicon that it took any significant hits. Loaded down with the RTT, camping gear and supplies, it was running lower than usual and I missed the optimal line and dropped it harder than expected.

Swapped out the springs for AEV's HD ones but not sure I like how high it rides unloaded... And so the tinkering continues !
Thanks for the reply! I'll be picking up some from NR4x4 soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.