Sponsored

Almost left us stranded

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
After reading this thread, I just opened up my Key Fob to see how to change the battery.

FWIW, the battery in mine is a CR2450 battery.
FWIW, those batteries are $3.44 at my local Walmart. Just bought two spares to keep in the cab,
Sponsored

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
So what should I poke around in there with? A knife, fork, spoon, a wet finger or a toe?
You can put what ever you want to in there it's your truck, be careful though it might be embarrassing explaining some things to a doctor

Sponsored

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at your window buttons on your console to the left of them is a 12volt power supply. The little plastic cover that covers the 12volt power supply hole has a small white key printed on it. I could not get the alarm to stop sounding so on a whim I extended the key from the Fob and tried sticking it in there because I saw the key logo on the 12volt cover. It stopped as soon as i did it. Then my screen read put key fob against start button and my truck started. Not sure how it all worked but it did. The manual says not to put anything in 12 volt hole like i did, but somehow it stopped the alarm. After reading the manual it doesnt explain why there is a key painted on the cover, but it did say it only has power when the truck is running. May be Jeeps way of saying the key must be on for this 12 volt outlet to work.
Or maybe you blew a fuse by sticking metal in a power outlet

bruno747

First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK 2 Door Rubicon Recon
The key signifies it's tied to ignition. Putting the key in it had no effect on the alarm other than placebo/coincidence

As was stated above, there is a coil in the start button. Since fca introduced this style start button the manual has specified to push the keyfob against it if the fob battery is dead.

I saw my ram 1500 do weird things like this when the battery got low. Only had it trip the alarm once. Most of the time it just couldn't sense it in my pocket when touching the door handle.

All the details I and others have described are all specified in the manual. Do some nosing around in there. Good stuff within.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase