Sponsored

AmFib Low Mount Snorkel?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Sorry for the delays. Had to do army stuff. Got sent a free snorkle from customer service. That was amazing. But I started modding the cracked parts making stronger

snorkle.jpg
What replacement PCs did they send you?
Sponsored

Daniel.cox8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator jeep jl
What replacement PCs did they send you?
They actually sent a new kit the entire thing but I don't want to paint it and all that stuff so repaired what was broke.

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Has anyone else taken apart their snorkel after installation to find all the connecting pieces warped? I called rugged ridge about this but they said that right now there is nothing they can do about it due to Covid and people working from home (understandable.)
Hoping they come up with a fix as I miss my snorkel.

Here is a picture of the center piece.
20200603_190848.jpg

20200603_190842.jpg
I removed part of my snorkel today. Discovered this BS. Installed this less than 3 months ago. What a disappointment.
Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 1615595976260

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I removed part of my snorkel today. Discovered this BS. Installed this less than 3 months ago. What a disappointment.
Makes me even more mad that they haven't got back to me with a resolution. I straightened it the best I could at the time and my business partner is now running it on his 2dr, but we pulled it the other day and it is deformed again.

Proteus

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
This is good to know, I was right on the verge of pulling the trigger on this one, but with multiple people seeing warping so soon, doesn’t seem like something I want to be relying on. Sad.

Sponsored

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Makes me even more mad that they haven't got back to me with a resolution. I straightened it the best I could at the time and my business partner is now running it on his 2dr, but we pulled it the other day and it is deformed again.
I tried contacting them by email. That was a wast of time. I was redirected to some site where I had to create an account to “open a ticket” or something like that. I created the account and then they were supposed to send a confirmation email. Never got the email. I’m going to try and call them Monday.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
I tried contacting them by email. That was a wast of time. I was redirected to some site where I had to create an account to “open a ticket” or something like that. I created the account and then they were supposed to send a confirmation email. Never got the email. I’m going to try and call them Monday.
I have had the snorkel installed for about 4 months and mine has also warpped. But lets be honest here, are you going to ford water above your headlights???? I realize the snorkel isnt cheap but did you really buy it to go into hood deep water? You have other things you have to worry about than a snorkel working properly if youre going that deep 🤣

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
I have had the snorkel installed for about 4 months and mine has also warpped. But lets be honest here, are you going to ford water above your headlights???? I realize the snorkel isnt cheap but did you really buy it to go into hood deep water? You have other things you have to worry about than a snorkel working properly if youre going that deep 🤣
I agree. I don’t plan to go through water as deep as my hood. But, I have gotten into trouble before and ended up pushing water over my hood a couple times. Not in the JT.....yet.
That being said, when I pay top dollar for a product, I expect it will work as advertised. I will give them a chance to make this right. Hopefully they will stand by their products.

Sponsored

ZETEC

First Name
Edgard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Selfemploye
So i just installed this snorkel and found this couples of issues, 1 how you reach the drain valve once air box is i stalled and 2 the hose that connects the tube with the low/high mount base is kind of bended, i can get it straight.

I love the design since you dont have to cut anything, i have it before on a jku, this one is much more simple.
Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20210725_153053

I ended buying more tubing and extending it
Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20210725_151923

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
after doing my research, i decided that i would combine the rugged ridge snorkel system and the genesis dual battery system with a Rubicon hood and this is what i got.
i had to do six modifications to make this completely work. the first was to obtain the 3D spacers that will keep the openings close to their original size while also providing support to prevent them from being deformed. the second was to bend the right side bracket of the genesis dual battery system that holds the Boost switch button to couple the two batteries together. the third was to switch the Boost button with the with the connector for the Optional G Screen Monitoring System. the forth was to place the drain valve in the right wheel. i did this because there was no real way to be able to open and close this valve easily. the fifth mod was to cut the hood insulation on the right side because the hood not close properly. it was found there is a hood support structure that will cause the hood to press down against the air tube and not allow the hood to close. the sixth mod was to seal the air box adapter to the air box using black rtv. i have included pictures of this completed setup.

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20211204_165232

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20211204_165246

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20211204_165254

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20211204_165306

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? 20211204_165621

20211205_133402.jpg

MAJ80's

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoodskulls.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Business owner
What do yall think snorkle will be back on tomorrow

snorkle top.jpg
Neat idea. Do you have a template for that? I attached a picture of what that area looks like when new. The 'nibs' at the bottom of each bolting location would get in the way of your brackets, but maybe there's a workaround.

Suggestion #1 to Rugged Ridge: It would take a penny in material costs to thicken that topmost frame to match those 'nibs' and threaded nut inserts. It would not interfere with air flow, and would dramatically reduce cracking/breakage at highway speeds (i.e. product liability and legal fee$$$).

Jeep Gladiator AmFib Low Mount Snorkel? AmFib Weak Area.PNG

Last edited: