Sponsored

Android screen mirroring with this?

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
I definitely want wireless Android auto, and I know there are a few options for that. But to have full screen mirroring would be awesome! (YouTube, photos, etc) Has anybody used this or anything to successfully mirror your phone screen?

AutoKit CarPlay Wireless to Android Head Unit, Wired Android Auto, USB Dongle Compatible with All Android 4.4 or Above Car Radio USB Connection, Support Online Upgrade of AUTOKIT APP & Box Version https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08ZKQ63CR/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_K8A3HBVS55J23P3AKRB1?psc=1
Sponsored

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
I have a wireless dongle for CarPlay (not this one). Works great. However, CarPlay does not fill the screen on the 7” unit (nor the 8.4 from pictures I’ve seen). I’m not sure about Android Auto.

OP
OP
19Delta

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
Very cool! Thank you! Have you had any issues? I normally don't install apps not on the play store as I don't want a phone virus. Thoughts?

Can you watch YouTube? Do you have any pics? Or a video? I appreciate your help!
It seems pretty safe. I haven't had any issues with it from that aspect. It mirrors the screen just fine, but I didn't have any audio. I think you might need to either line out from the phone or use Bluetooth for it. I haven't played around with it much yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
19Delta

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems pretty safe. I haven't had any issues with it from that aspect. It mirrors the screen just fine, but I didn't have any audio. I think you might need to either line out from the phone or use Bluetooth for it. I haven't played around with it much yet.
Please update us when you have time to play with it!

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Just found this thread. I followed the same website and downloaded AA Mirror. When I try to open it in the truck, I just get a black screen with the main AA controls on the top and bottom. I can go back and forth from normal AA to the AA Mirror but when in AA Mirror I just get the black screen. I've followed the troubleshooting and same results. Tried it on both my Carsifi and plugged in. I also tried "uninstall updates" on Android Auto, and that just gives me a red screen on the phone and "communication error 8, check security settings and time and date on your vehicle" and it won't do anything.

Has anyone else seen this issue with AA Mirror? I have a Google Pixel 3A if that matters.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Another update, I have now tried every app on the AAAD source with no success. Some did seem to kind of mirror but still no video, others never worked at all, some caused wierd glitches. Anyone found an app that actually works to mirror your phone on the 8.4 screen?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I have this. Works well most of the time. I use it for onx, gaia, tidal, maps and waze mostly. Some of the issues people might be having is caused by the always on usb in the console. This device can be setup to mitigate that issue in it's app.
Not sure why I can't link the page. It's indiegogo aawireless. indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I've already got Carsifi for wireless AA. Looking for a screen mirroring app, something that allows video playback.
Sponsored