Advertisement

Any have the RIPP on their JT yet and whats been the experience so far ?

OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
May want to check the steps on the IAC. If it is like my Fitech for tuning when the supercharger went in I had to readjust it due to the added air volume over running it without the SC.
ahh thanks,,, didnt think of that and appreciate the advice

OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update : Finally got to 500 miles (Yeah I know !!! haven’t been able to drive as much lately ). So I get my allen wrench out to take a look at the oil level before I start to change it - one tiny little twist to loosen and the flimsy brass allen head comes right off the dipstick so now the rest of the thread and dipstick are stuck in the blower . Good thing is I hadn’t yet drained the supercharger of its oil... Ordered a new dipstick from ripp. (it looks like for replacement ones they moved to a hex bolt instead of crappy ass allen )

I’ll update the thread later when I get out of this mess and the good news is I will finally be able to get on it to work out further kinks with the stock tune.

A46BCB29-30A2-4B79-BC7E-B50639CCE942.jpeg

26A881FE-80FD-4F68-B4A6-6556DFEEC209.jpeg

Molly's Chamber

First Name
Khris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to the forum and I am looking to install a RIPP soon as well... I will be doing the work myself. Thanks so much for all the detailed info guys! Every time I have called with Questions RIPP has been really responsive. Gives me the impression they will be there for me with issues if any.

OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update : Got the factory dipstick removed and the replacement like I mentioned is a hex versus allen and seems sturdier for something that needs to be loosened and tightened on a maintenance basis . Knowing what I know now I would have just went ahead and ordered the replacement at time of install. This RIpp + exhaust setup really turns the JT into a race-car on the streets. I haven’t yet tested it off-road yet but my future updates will focus on reliability and various driving conditions . The other caution is be prepared that the out of the box tune might not be perfect for u.... its close but you will need a bit of back and forth to get it totally dialed in

Advertisement

Advertisement