Sponsored

Any have the RIPP on their JT yet and whats been the experience so far ?

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
May want to check the steps on the IAC. If it is like my Fitech for tuning when the supercharger went in I had to readjust it due to the added air volume over running it without the SC.
ahh thanks,,, didnt think of that and appreciate the advice
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update : Finally got to 500 miles (Yeah I know !!! haven’t been able to drive as much lately ). So I get my allen wrench out to take a look at the oil level before I start to change it - one tiny little twist to loosen and the flimsy brass allen head comes right off the dipstick so now the rest of the thread and dipstick are stuck in the blower . Good thing is I hadn’t yet drained the supercharger of its oil... Ordered a new dipstick from ripp. (it looks like for replacement ones they moved to a hex bolt instead of crappy ass allen )

I’ll update the thread later when I get out of this mess and the good news is I will finally be able to get on it to work out further kinks with the stock tune.

A46BCB29-30A2-4B79-BC7E-B50639CCE942.jpeg

26A881FE-80FD-4F68-B4A6-6556DFEEC209.jpeg

Molly's Chamber

First Name
Khris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Vehicle Showcase
I am new to the forum and I am looking to install a RIPP soon as well... I will be doing the work myself. Thanks so much for all the detailed info guys! Every time I have called with Questions RIPP has been really responsive. Gives me the impression they will be there for me with issues if any.

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update : Got the factory dipstick removed and the replacement like I mentioned is a hex versus allen and seems sturdier for something that needs to be loosened and tightened on a maintenance basis . Knowing what I know now I would have just went ahead and ordered the replacement at time of install. This RIpp + exhaust setup really turns the JT into a race-car on the streets. I haven’t yet tested it off-road yet but my future updates will focus on reliability and various driving conditions . The other caution is be prepared that the out of the box tune might not be perfect for u.... its close but you will need a bit of back and forth to get it totally dialed in

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a further refined tune for my altitude (denver) and things are looking good. Today I will take it to even higher elevation in the mtns to see how it handles there. I wasn’t getting great gas mileage before ~14 (never used ESS) but now in the upper 15s so I have seen a slight improvement there

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far RIPP has been pretty reliable after many miles of driving and high altitude off-roading . But here are a few more updates :

1) Gets decent mileage on hwy driving around 15-17mpg
2)Started noticing on cold days and on most cold starts the belt/pulleys are really squeaky at first
3)After some high altitude driving (9k ft) and off roading the catch can did fill up . So I would say this is not an optional thing to have and its a must add

other then that this thing is a beast and performs well in many conditions . I wont post any more updates here unless I get questions or if there is a further change in reliability of the SC...

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
So far RIPP has been pretty reliable after many miles of driving and high altitude off-roading . But here are a few more updates :

2)Started noticing on cold days and on most cold starts the belt/pulleys are really squeaky at first
3)After some high altitude driving (9k ft) and off roading the catch can did fill up . So I would say this is not an optional thing to have and its a must add

other then that this thing is a beast and performs well in many conditions . I wont post any more updates here unless I get questions or if there is a further change in reliability of the SC...
Looks good. I wish the cetrifugals allowed the airbox to remain sealed though

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

Binford

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation

Hows the drivability been with the kit? Good power? Good progressive/linear delivery? Is the throttle ever “snatchy” or does it ever buck?

Hows the transmission feel?

OP
OP
Cburgess33

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hows the drivability been with the kit? Good power? Good progressive/linear delivery? Is the throttle ever “snatchy” or does it ever buck?

Hows the transmission feel?
Amazing power . I feel the power is pretty instant and definitely linear - I think most chargers are if u compare them to turbos.... With the right tune it hasn’t bucked at all , but early on I was running a tad rich and there was some stuttering associated with that . With the right tune you shouldn’t have any issues like that . The trans and shift points are spot on as well - much better then stock tbh .
Sponsored