Sponsored

Any pics of topless and/or doorless JTs with a bed topper equipped?

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I have a JTR with the RSI Smartcap, and was wondering how it might look with the topper on but the top and/or doors removed. Still a little too cold here in Colorado to motivate me to remove everything, but wondering if anyone with a bed topper had done this yet??
Sponsored

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Any pics of topless and/or doorless JTs with a bed topper equipped? ABF99B29-9CA3-45CF-ADC7-F5B92FADDA50

Forgot that I took a screenshot of this a few months ago. Doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would.
Nice, that's awesome that they did renders of that - doesn't look too bad at all, hopefully it looks that good in real life, haha.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Following this topic as I have the same question đź‘Ť

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
It’s got to be silly looking plus the fact that you need a 12’ inside ceiling height to hoist the top off to clear the rack on any JT with a decent lift.

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
It’s got to be silly looking plus the fact that you need a 12’ inside ceiling height to hoist the top off to clear the rack on any JT with a decent lift.
I can't quite tell how it'll look...the renders above actually don't look that bad. I'm guessing bigger tires and stuff definitely help too, which is true of the JT in general.

Regarding top removal, easy solution is just remove it outside rather than trying to do it in a garage so ceiling height doesn't matter. Also, I had a bed rack before I got the Smartcap, so we had to remove the hardtop over the front anyways - wasn't really a big deal at all.

Hopefully someone will have some photos soon. I think it'll actually be near 70 here next week so maybe Ill do it then and get some photos if no one else has yet!

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Off the front or off the rear it doesn’t really matter because you will still need to clear the windshield. My JT is almost 80” tall, the windshield is maybe an inch less. To remove the top you would need 2 people able to lift it such that the lowest point of the awkwardly shaped and unevenly weighted top was greater than 80” in the air and then be able to walk it forward and away from the Jeep. Unless you have scaffolding or a pit to lower the Jeep I would like to see this done without banging up the top or the Jeep.
im just having a hard time picturing an easy or convenient way the top can be removed with any sort of cab height rack on the bed.

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Off the front or off the rear it doesn’t really matter because you will still need to clear the windshield. My JT is almost 80” tall, the windshield is maybe an inch less. To remove the top you would need 2 people able to lift it such that the lowest point of the awkwardly shaped and unevenly weighted top was greater than 80” in the air and then be able to walk it forward and away from the Jeep. Unless you have scaffolding or a pit to lower the Jeep I would like to see this done without banging up the top or the Jeep.
im just having a hard time picturing an easy or convenient way the top can be removed with any sort of cab height rack on the bed.
I my Rubicon doesn't have a lift on it yet, but I have 35s on and my wife and I are able to remove the top by going over the front without much trouble.

I do want to put a 2in lift on in the near future which will obviously add some height, so I'll have to see how that affects the ease of removal. I don't feel like 2-3 in will make a huge difference in our ability to remove the top, but time will tell!

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
BUMP!

Getting warmer most places, surely someone has done this by now! We have had snow storms here in Colorado :( Winter is holding on as long as it can this year!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
BUMP!

Anyone done this yet?? Weather is getting warmer here in CO, so I might do it myself soon...curious to see if anyone else has already!

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Taking the back off with the cap on must be quite the challenge unless you have a very tall garage with an overhead lift system.

OP
OP
PhantomChameleon

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Taking the back off with the cap on must be quite the challenge unless you have a very tall garage with an overhead lift system.
Yeah, I've taken the top off once when I had a full height bed rack, and we ended up just lifting it up and moving it forward over the hood. Have to be extra careful as it would really suck to drop it on the hood, but it isn't too bad as long as the two people doing it aren't super short!

A lift would be ideal, but I already have a lift that holds our roof top tent, so not really good space for a second one. I would love to see some sort of contraption that lifts it up similar to the one they make for the Wrangler (like the TopLift Pro) but obviously its a little tougher with the bed and stuff in the back.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I did in a Wendy’s parking lot when swapping with another forum member, he has a base sport untinted rear window, mine was tinted ,difference is huge for visibility out back, we went up and over back, leaned top towards front, I’m six foot Chris was six five, it was a strech for me, but we could have pulled up to a curb if needed. Terrible picture of old stinky guy topless! I think it looks a little odd, but Jeeps are always able to get away with odd!.....Jack
Jeep Gladiator Any pics of topless and/or doorless JTs with a bed topper equipped? 843C0680-8E6B-4323-B567-DF07E3B5F8AE
Sponsored