Sponsored

any racks/tents that work with Rough Country tonneau?

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 4x4
I purchased and installed the Rough Country tri fold tonneau cover on my Gladiator sport, now am thinking about a over-bed rack for a tent. Hoping I didn't screw up by not thinking about this before. Are there any racks that will work over my tonneau? I'd love a rack high enough to give me clearance to fold back my tonneau below the tent. Thanks!
Sponsored

JT_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
MAX Modular (www.max-modular.com) has a Gladiator rack (aluminum or steel) that works with the OEM tonneau cover by adding in the optional brackets. Not sure even if you got the tallest option (18") if you could lift your cover. I'd give them a call. I installed voodoo cross bars that work great with my Mopar tonneau cover...I cannot open it past the first fold...but it is primarily used to keep weather/dust out of the bed.

19JL

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
I’m working on designing a rack that works with the trifold. It will not open but will be easy to remove the cover if you need the bed. should have it completed in the next few weeks. Here’s a prototype I started for reference. I have changed it a bit from here. I plan on offering these up to anyone that might want one.

View attachment 64493

9EB7B152-4DBD-4587-99FF-F124FA60C9CE.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAX Modular (www.max-modular.com) has a Gladiator rack (aluminum or steel) that works with the OEM tonneau cover by adding in the optional brackets. Not sure even if you got the tallest option (18") if you could lift your cover. I'd give them a call. I installed voodoo cross bars that work great with my Mopar tonneau cover...I cannot open it past the first fold...but it is primarily used to keep weather/dust out of the bed.
thanks I will give them a call
I’m working on designing a rack that works with the trifold. It will not open but will be easy to remove the cover if you need the bed. should have it completed in the next few weeks. Here’s a prototype I started for reference. I have changed it a bit from here. I plan on offering these up to anyone that might want one.

View attachment 64493

9EB7B152-4DBD-4587-99FF-F124FA60C9CE.jpeg
very sweet. keep me posted. thanks.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
i don't think this would work. i don't want to remove the tonneau to put the rack on. the perfect solution allows me to use both simultaneously. thanks.
Maybe I don't understand or you don't...

I didn't remove the factory tonneau to install it, I rolled it up. And the design of the rack allows the tonneau to be used as designed by Jeep - closed, open or partially closed.

bedrack-22-jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I didn't remove the factory tonneau to install it, I rolled it up. And the design of the rack allows the tonneau to be used as designed by Jeep - closed, open or partially closed.

bedrack-22-jpeg.jpg
cool can you take a pic of the bracket focused in so i can see how it works with the tonneau? mine is the hard tri-fold, not soft. not sure that matters. thanks!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can you post a pic of yours? looks super interesting.

Sponsored

011Crmn

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator

bedrack-22-jpeg.jpg
Which cargo basket is that?

bigplay_jt

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JT Overland- Sting Gray
Occupation
Sales
I purchased and installed the Rough Country tri fold tonneau cover on my Gladiator sport, now am thinking about a over-bed rack for a tent. Hoping I didn't screw up by not thinking about this before. Are there any racks that will work over my tonneau? I'd love a rack high enough to give me clearance to fold back my tonneau below the tent. Thanks!

OP- did you ever find a rack system compatible with your tonneau cover? I have the same one.
Sponsored